Apple Inc. Employment Opportunity

Lindsay Polnoff
Hello -

My name is Lindsay Polnoff and I work at Apple Inc. We currently have
an opening for a Core OS Engineer, BSD UNIX Engineer that we would
like to have posted on your website. Below, please find the
information required for the posting including company name, location,
job title, description, and how to apply.

Company: Apple Inc.
Location: Cupertino, CA

Job Title: Core OS Engineer, BSD UNIX Engineer
motivated software engineer to work on the BSD UNIX subsystem of the
iPhone OS and Mac OS X. This position is for a user-space generalist,
providing an opportunity to work on a wide variety of open source
technologies derived from BSD and Linux, as well as Apple-original
technologies. Responsibilities will include a mixture of evolving
existing projects and new design work with a particular emphasis in
event-driven shared library interfaces. The ideal candidate is a self-
motivated individual with strong technical and communication skills
who is eager to interact with other members of the Core OS team, other
teams at Apple, and with the open source community at large. Previous
experience with multithreaded applications is desired. The preferred
candidate will also have a track record of refactoring problems to
extract optimal efficiency.

In this position you will be expected to:
• Participate in all stages of software development, from new feature
design and implementation, to maintenance of prior releases.
• Diagnose and resolve customer-reported issues
• Develop test suites and internal infrastructure

• B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Excellent knowledge of C, Objective-C, or C++
• Strong analytical and debugging skills
• Experience with UNIX systems, and understanding of operating system
fundamentals

Preferred Experience:
• Experience with embedded development
• Experience with i386, x86_64 or ARM assembler language
• Experience with Mac OS X
• Involvement in open source technologies and development communities
such as FreeBSD, Linux, Apache, X.Org, etc.

How To Apply: <b>To apply for this position, please <a href="http://jobs.apple.com/index.ajs?BID=1&method=mExternal.showJob&RID=34712&CurrentPage=1
">Click Here</a href>.</b>

Please let me know if you have any questions or require any additional
information for the posting.

Thank you,
Lindsay Polnoff

Lindsay Polnoff  |   Apple Inc.  |  Staffing Operations  |  [hidden email]
om

  Apple HR

This Electronic Mail (e-mail) contains confidential and privileged
information intended only for the use of the individual or entity to
which it is sent.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivery to the
distribution, or copying of this communication is STRICTLY
PROHIBITED.  If you have received this communication in error, please
immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail or telephone.

Re: Apple Inc. Employment Opportunity

Michael Smith-60

Folks,

Please excuse the "posted on your website" boilerplate here and the
crossposting.  One of these days I'll find the right person in HR and
maybe we can have a little chat about mailing list etiquette.

If the idea of working at Apple is interesting, please do get in
touch; in addition to this position, we're always looking for capable
individuals.

  = Mike

--
Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum,
iudicium difficile -- Hippocrates