tac_plus is a TACACS+ daemon. It provides Cisco Systems routers and access
servers with authentication, authorisation and accounting services.
This version is a major rewrite of the original Cisco source code. Key features
- NAS specific host keys, prompts, enable passwords
- NAS- and ACL-dependent group memberships
- Flexible external backends for user profiles (e.g. via PERL scripts or C;
LDAP (including ActiveDirectory), RADIUS and others are included)
- Connection multiplexing (multiple concurrent NAS clients per process)
- Session multiplexing (multiple concurrent sessions per connection,
- Scalable, no limit on users, clients or servers
- CLI context aware. At the time of writing this, no other TACACS+ daemon is.
- Both IPv4 and IPv6 are fully supported.
- Compliant to latest TACACS+ protocol specification (draft 1.78)
Whats new in new version:
- fixed some things for correct building on 11.2 and 12.0.
- tested with poudriere ( on 11.2 and 12.0 jails )
- license was changed from gplv2 to UNKNOWN, added license file
I tested it with poudriere on 13.0 jail ( , but my host system is 12.0-R,
anyway building has done without errors.
During testing on 13.0-R were some warnings, thes looked like this:
[00:00:00] Warning: !!! Jail is newer than host. (Jail: 1300039, Host: 1200086)
[00:00:00] Warning: This is not supported.
[00:00:00] Warning: Host kernel must be same or newer than jail.
[00:00:00] Warning: Expect build failures.