[CFT] xorg 7.7

12

[CFT] xorg 7.7

Niclas Zeising-6
The FreeBSD xorg team (x11@) presents this update of the FreeBSD xorg
port to version 7.7.
This CFT is intended to weed out as many bugs and regressions as
possible before merging xorg 7.7 into ports, please test it as much as
possible, to make it as good as can be.
We need testers of both new and old xorg, on as many architectures and
hardware combinations as possible.
Please report both successes and failures, and remember to include which
architecture, graphics card, version of FreeBSD and compiler you are
using, as well as relevant logs if any.

This CFT and any updates can either be obtained using SVN from
https://trillian.chruetertee.ch/svn/ports/branches/xorg-7.7 .
Once this ports overlay is obtained, it is necessary to run the
xorgmerge script, obtainable here:
http://people.freebsd.org/~miwi/xorg/xorgmerge .
Please don't forget to update directories before running this script.

A patch against the ports tree is also available, and can be obtained
from http://people.freebsd.org/~zeising/xorg-7.7.diff .
Apply this using either
svn patch /path/to/xorg-7.7.diff
if your ports tree is managed by svn or
patch -p0 -E < /path/to/xorg-7.7.diff
if your ports tree is managed by portsnap
Remember -E, so that empty files are removed.
This patch will be kept as up to date as possible, but might lag a
little behind the SVN repository.

Once the patch is in your ports tree, to build the old xorg, just cd to
/usr/ports/x11/xorg and run make install.
To get the new xorg, first set WITH_NEW_XORG in /etc/make.conf then
proceed as above.

Hopefully we will also be able to make packages and test images
available for use, however, this is not done yet.  A link for these
packages and images will be posted in a follow-up mail.

In this CFT:
* xorg-server 1.12.4 (WITH_NEW_XORG)
* Mesa 8.0.5 (WITH_NEW_XORG)
* Updated dri
* libX11 1.5
* libxcb 1.8
* updates for drivers
* Updates for all other utilities and libraries

Known issues:
The issues with imake and makedepend requiring a gnu compatible cpp is
not yet resolved.
Hardware acceleration for certain ATI radeon cards might no longer work,
if compiled with WITH_NEW_XORG.  This is expected to be resolved once
the work of porting TTM/KMS for radeon is completed.

For more information see https://wiki.freebsd.org/Xorg or come visit us
on IRC, #freebsd-xorg @ EFNet
Best Regards
--
Niclas Zeising
on behalf of the FreeBSD x11@ team

xorg-7.7.diff (400K) Download Attachment

Re: [CFT] xorg 7.7

David DEMELIER
2013/3/11 Niclas Zeising <[hidden email]>

> The FreeBSD xorg team (x11@) presents this update of the FreeBSD xorg
> port to version 7.7.
> This CFT is intended to weed out as many bugs and regressions as
> possible before merging xorg 7.7 into ports, please test it as much as
> possible, to make it as good as can be.
> We need testers of both new and old xorg, on as many architectures and
> hardware combinations as possible.
> Please report both successes and failures, and remember to include which
> architecture, graphics card, version of FreeBSD and compiler you are
> using, as well as relevant logs if any.
>
> This CFT and any updates can either be obtained using SVN from
> https://trillian.chruetertee.ch/svn/ports/branches/xorg-7.7 .
> Once this ports overlay is obtained, it is necessary to run the
> xorgmerge script, obtainable here:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~miwi/xorg/xorgmerge .
> Please don't forget to update directories before running this script.
>
> A patch against the ports tree is also available, and can be obtained
> from http://people.freebsd.org/~zeising/xorg-7.7.diff .
> Apply this using either
> svn patch /path/to/xorg-7.7.diff
> if your ports tree is managed by svn or
> patch -p0 -E < /path/to/xorg-7.7.diff
> if your ports tree is managed by portsnap
> Remember -E, so that empty files are removed.
> This patch will be kept as up to date as possible, but might lag a
> little behind the SVN repository.
>
> Once the patch is in your ports tree, to build the old xorg, just cd to
> /usr/ports/x11/xorg and run make install.
> To get the new xorg, first set WITH_NEW_XORG in /etc/make.conf then
> proceed as above.
>
> Hopefully we will also be able to make packages and test images
> available for use, however, this is not done yet.  A link for these
> packages and images will be posted in a follow-up mail.
>
> In this CFT:
> * xorg-server 1.12.4 (WITH_NEW_XORG)
> * Mesa 8.0.5 (WITH_NEW_XORG)
> * Updated dri
> * libX11 1.5
> * libxcb 1.8
> * updates for drivers
> * Updates for all other utilities and libraries
>
> Known issues:
> The issues with imake and makedepend requiring a gnu compatible cpp is
> not yet resolved.
> Hardware acceleration for certain ATI radeon cards might no longer work,
> if compiled with WITH_NEW_XORG.  This is expected to be resolved once
> the work of porting TTM/KMS for radeon is completed.

Thank you very much, thus people that have still old radeon cards such as
4xxx that does not need KMS can just go on with xorg without WITH_NEW_XORG
set right?

For more information see https://wiki.freebsd.org/Xorg or come visit us
> on IRC, #freebsd-xorg @ EFNet
> Best Regards

Demelier David

Re: [CFT] xorg 7.7

timp
Success!
FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE amd64, MB ASUS P8B75-M, integrated intel.
Log's here http://pastebin.com/gvkXcKVE

Re: [CFT] xorg 7.7

Alexander Yerenkow
2013/3/12 David Demelier <[hidden email]>

> 2013/3/11 Niclas Zeising <[hidden email]>
>
> > The FreeBSD xorg team (x11@) presents this update of the FreeBSD xorg
> > port to version 7.7.
> > This CFT is intended to weed out as many bugs and regressions as
> > possible before merging xorg 7.7 into ports, please test it as much as
> > possible, to make it as good as can be.
> > We need testers of both new and old xorg, on as many architectures and
> > hardware combinations as possible.
> > Please report both successes and failures, and remember to include which
> > architecture, graphics card, version of FreeBSD and compiler you are
> > using, as well as relevant logs if any.
> >
> > This CFT and any updates can either be obtained using SVN from
> > https://trillian.chruetertee.ch/svn/ports/branches/xorg-7.7 .
> > Once this ports overlay is obtained, it is necessary to run the
> > xorgmerge script, obtainable here:
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~miwi/xorg/xorgmerge .
> > Please don't forget to update directories before running this script.
> >
> > A patch against the ports tree is also available, and can be obtained
> > from http://people.freebsd.org/~zeising/xorg-7.7.diff .
> > Apply this using either
> > svn patch /path/to/xorg-7.7.diff
> > if your ports tree is managed by svn or
> > patch -p0 -E < /path/to/xorg-7.7.diff
> > if your ports tree is managed by portsnap
> > Remember -E, so that empty files are removed.
> > This patch will be kept as up to date as possible, but might lag a
> > little behind the SVN repository.
> >
> > Once the patch is in your ports tree, to build the old xorg, just cd to
> > /usr/ports/x11/xorg and run make install.
> > To get the new xorg, first set WITH_NEW_XORG in /etc/make.conf then
> > proceed as above.
> >
> > Hopefully we will also be able to make packages and test images
> > available for use, however, this is not done yet.  A link for these
> > packages and images will be posted in a follow-up mail.
> >
> > In this CFT:
> > * xorg-server 1.12.4 (WITH_NEW_XORG)
> > * Mesa 8.0.5 (WITH_NEW_XORG)
> > * Updated dri
> > * libX11 1.5
> > * libxcb 1.8
> > * updates for drivers
> > * Updates for all other utilities and libraries
> >
> > Known issues:
> > The issues with imake and makedepend requiring a gnu compatible cpp is
> > not yet resolved.
> > Hardware acceleration for certain ATI radeon cards might no longer work,
> > if compiled with WITH_NEW_XORG.  This is expected to be resolved once
> > the work of porting TTM/KMS for radeon is completed.
> >

> Thank you very much, thus people that have still old radeon cards such as
> 4xxx that does not need KMS can just go on with xorg without WITH_NEW_XORG
> set right?

You probably could also modify radeon port, add --disable-kms and rebuild
it, all should be fine.
I'll come up in near days with prebuilt images with all these stuff, to
test it easily.

> For more information see https://wiki.freebsd.org/Xorg or come visit us
> > on IRC, #freebsd-xorg @ EFNet
> > Best Regards
> >

> Regards,
>
> --
> Demelier David

Alexander Yerenkow

Re: [CFT] xorg 7.7

Niclas Zeising-6
On 03/12/13 11:32, David Demelier wrote:
> Thank you very much, thus people that have still old radeon cards such
> as 4xxx that does not need KMS can just go on with xorg without
> WITH_NEW_XORG set right?
> Regards,

Yes, it should work.  I am running with an ATI Radeon HD4850 without
problem.  The only caveat is that you might not get hardware
acceleration, for that TTM/KMS is probably needed, even for older
graphics cards.
It works fine anyway, at least for regular desktop work.
Regards!
--
Niclas Zeising

Re: [CFT] xorg 7.7

Niclas Zeising-6
On 03/12/13 11:43, Alexander Yerenkow wrote:
> You probably could also modify radeon port, add --disable-kms and
> rebuild it, all should be fine.
> I'll come up in near days with prebuilt images with all these stuff, to
> test it easily.

This is already done, it is in the patch.
Regards!
--
Niclas Zeising

Re: [CFT] xorg 7.7

Guido Falsi
On 03/11/13 22:50, Niclas Zeising wrote:
> The FreeBSD xorg team (x11@) presents this update of the FreeBSD xorg
> port to version 7.7.

I'd like to state that I've been using this xorg version from the xorg
development repo on my laptop in conjunction with the KMS intel driver
with quite good success on CURRENT, so this is a success report from me.

Thanks for the good work to all involved parties!

--
Guido Falsi <[hidden email]>

Re: [CFT] xorg 7.7

Patsy-8
On 2013-03-11 22:50, Niclas Zeising wrote:
> The FreeBSD xorg team (x11@) presents this update of the FreeBSD xorg
> port to version 7.7.

I've had great success with this repo and WITH_NEW_XORG on an Intel
Ivy-Bridge (HD4000) laptop (HP Pavillion G6-2212sa) for some time now
- my message got bounced when I tried to send it a few weeks ago, but
it's worked like a charm.

Archibald

Re: [CFT] xorg 7.7

Vitaly Magerya
Niclas Zeising <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Please report both successes and failures, and remember to include which
> architecture, graphics card, version of FreeBSD and compiler you are
> using, as well as relevant logs if any.

A success report here.

FreeBSD 9.1-STABLE amd64, base GCC, Intel GMA 3150 (embedded
with Atom N455). I've been using ports from trunk of your svn
(WITH_NEW_XORG and KMS, of course) for many months now -- no
problems currently in sight.

Re: [CFT] xorg 7.7

Ruslan Makhmatkhanov

Niclas Zeising wrote on 12.03.2013 01:50:

> The FreeBSD xorg team (x11@) presents this update of the FreeBSD xorg
> port to version 7.7.
> This CFT is intended to weed out as many bugs and regressions as
> possible before merging xorg 7.7 into ports, please test it as much as
> possible, to make it as good as can be.
> We need testers of both new and old xorg, on as many architectures and
> hardware combinations as possible.
> Please report both successes and failures, and remember to include which
> architecture, graphics card, version of FreeBSD and compiler you are
> using, as well as relevant logs if any.

I'm using 7.7, if I recall correctly, since March 2012. From the time
when KMS support for Intel gpu's was available in form of off-base
patches and later integrated into the FreeBSD main source. xorg from
trillian had the intel-driver that supported KMS. I'd say it quite
stable, but I have some glitches like screen artifacts appearing some
times, but this is quite rare this days. And I'm not sure if it's
KMS-related, or xorg-related, xorg+KMS-related. It was on ports@ and/or
current@ few times, and there were pr's about that, but I was unable to
find them.

I just updated to latest versions from trillian, here is my upgrade
path: http://pastebin.com/rqPFuYtg (mostly minor version updates) and
everything seems fine.

My gpu is i5-2430M integrated (SandyBridge); OS: FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT
#17 r247812 amd64; Compiler: FreeBSD clang version 3.2
(tags/RELEASE_32/final 170710) 20121221

Thank you for the update.

Ruslan

Tinderboxing kills... the drives.

Re: [CFT] xorg 7.7

Waitman Gobble-2
Niclas Zeising <[hidden email]> wrote ..
> The FreeBSD xorg team (x11@) presents this update of the FreeBSD xorg
> port to version 7.7.

> This CFT and any updates can either be obtained using SVN from
> https://trillian.chruetertee.ch/svn/ports/branches/xorg-7.7 .
> Once this ports overlay is obtained, it is necessary to run the
> xorgmerge script, obtainable here:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~miwi/xorg/xorgmerge .
> Please don't forget to update directories before running this script.

> Once the patch is in your ports tree, to build the old xorg, just cd to
> /usr/ports/x11/xorg and run make install.
> To get the new xorg, first set WITH_NEW_XORG in /etc/make.conf then
> proceed as above.
>
> Niclas Zeising
> on behalf of the FreeBSD x11@ team

Hi, I am trying the xorgmerge w/ svn (after svn update ports)

I'm getting 'touch' errors.

..
  CC       XExtInt.lo
XExtInt.c:125:27: error: unknown type name 'xXITouchOwnershipEvent'; did you
      mean 'XITouchOwnershipEvent'?
wireToTouchOwnershipEvent(xXITouchOwnershipEvent *in,
                          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          XITouchOwnershipEvent
./include/X11/extensions/XInput2.h:339:3: note: 'XITouchOwnershipEvent'
      declared here
} XITouchOwnershipEvent;
  ^
XExtInt.c:128:20: error: unknown type name 'xXIBarrierEvent'; did you mean
      'XIBarrierEvent'?
wireToBarrierEvent(xXIBarrierEvent *in,
                   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                   XIBarrierEvent
./include/X11/extensions/XInput2.h:361:3: note: 'XIBarrierEvent' declared here
} XIBarrierEvent;
  ^
XExtInt.c:224:33: warning: passing 'const char *' to parameter of type 'char *'
      discards qualifiers [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]
                                xinput_extension_name,
                                ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/usr/local/include/X11/extensions/extutil.h:126:26: note: passing argument to
      parameter here
    char*               /* ext_name */,
                                      ^
XExtInt.c:951:14: error: use of undeclared identifier 'XI_TouchBegin'; did you
      mean 'XIGrabTouchBegin'?
        case XI_TouchBegin:
             ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
             XIGrabTouchBegin
./include/X11/extensions/XInput2.h:546:12: note: 'XIGrabTouchBegin' declared
      here
extern int XIGrabTouchBegin(
           ^
XExtInt.c:951:14: error: expression is not an integer constant expression
        case XI_TouchBegin:
             ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
XExtInt.c:952:14: error: use of undeclared identifier 'XI_TouchUpdate'
        case XI_TouchUpdate:
             ^
XExtInt.c:953:14: error: use of undeclared identifier 'XI_TouchEnd'
        case XI_TouchEnd:
             ^
XExtInt.c:980:14: error: use of undeclared identifier 'XI_TouchOwnership'
        case XI_TouchOwnership:
             ^
XExtInt.c:982:45: error: use of undeclared identifier 'xXITouchOwnershipEvent';
      did you mean 'XITouchOwnershipEvent'?
            if (!wireToTouchOwnershipEvent((xXITouchOwnershipEvent*)event,
                                            ^
XExtInt.c:982:68: error: expected expression
            if (!wireToTouchOwnershipEvent((xXITouchOwnershipEvent*)event,
                                                                   ^
XExtInt.c:996:14: error: use of undeclared identifier 'XI_RawTouchBegin'; did
      you mean 'XIGrabTouchBegin'?
        case XI_RawTouchBegin:
             ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
             XIGrabTouchBegin
./include/X11/extensions/XInput2.h:546:12: note: 'XIGrabTouchBegin' declared
      here
extern int XIGrabTouchBegin(
           ^
XExtInt.c:996:14: error: expression is not an integer constant expression
        case XI_RawTouchBegin:
             ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
XExtInt.c:997:14: error: use of undeclared identifier 'XI_RawTouchUpdate'
        case XI_RawTouchUpdate:
             ^
XExtInt.c:998:14: error: use of undeclared identifier 'XI_RawTouchEnd'
        case XI_RawTouchEnd:
             ^
XExtInt.c:1028:14: error: use of undeclared identifier 'XI_BarrierHit'
        case XI_BarrierHit:
             ^
XExtInt.c:1029:14: error: use of undeclared identifier 'XI_BarrierLeave'
        case XI_BarrierLeave:
             ^
XExtInt.c:1031:38: error: use of undeclared identifier 'xXIBarrierEvent'; did
      you mean 'XIBarrierEvent'?
            if (!wireToBarrierEvent((xXIBarrierEvent*)event, cookie))
                                     ^
XExtInt.c:1031:54: error: expected expression
            if (!wireToBarrierEvent((xXIBarrierEvent*)event, cookie))
                                                     ^
XExtInt.c:1140:14: error: use of undeclared identifier 'XIScrollClass'
        case XIScrollClass:
             ^
XExtInt.c:1143:14: error: use of undeclared identifier 'XITouchClass'
        case XITouchClass:
             ^
fatal error: too many errors emitted, stopping now [-ferror-limit=]
1 warning and 20 errors generated.
*** [XExtInt.lo] Error code 1

[7] > uname -a
FreeBSD dx.burplex.com 10.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #0 r248165: Mon Mar 11 18:20:30 PDT 2013     [hidden email]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/FURAHA  amd64

Thank you,

--
Waitman Gobble
San Jose California USA

Re: [CFT] xorg 7.7

Niclas Zeising-6
On 03/14/13 07:20, Waitman Gobble wrote:

> Niclas Zeising <[hidden email]> wrote ..
>> The FreeBSD xorg team (x11@) presents this update of the FreeBSD xorg
>> port to version 7.7.
>
>> This CFT and any updates can either be obtained using SVN from
>> https://trillian.chruetertee.ch/svn/ports/branches/xorg-7.7 .
>> Once this ports overlay is obtained, it is necessary to run the
>> xorgmerge script, obtainable here:
>> http://people.freebsd.org/~miwi/xorg/xorgmerge .
>> Please don't forget to update directories before running this script.
>

>> Once the patch is in your ports tree, to build the old xorg, just cd to
>> /usr/ports/x11/xorg and run make install.
>> To get the new xorg, first set WITH_NEW_XORG in /etc/make.conf then
>> proceed as above.
> Hi, I am trying the xorgmerge w/ svn (after svn update ports)

[SNIP build error]

> [7] > uname -a
> FreeBSD dx.burplex.com 10.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #0 r248165: Mon Mar 11 18:20:30 PDT 2013     [hidden email]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/FURAHA  amd64

Hi!
Which version of X are you trying to build, the new or the old one?  In
which port does that error occur?  Can you please post the contents of
your /etc/make.conf as well.
Regards!
--
Niclas Zeising

Re: [CFT] xorg 7.7

Waitman Gobble-2
Niclas Zeising <[hidden email]> wrote ..

> On 03/14/13 07:20, Waitman Gobble wrote:
> > Niclas Zeising <[hidden email]> wrote ..
> >> The FreeBSD xorg team (x11@) presents this update of the FreeBSD xorg
> >> port to version 7.7.
> >
> >> This CFT and any updates can either be obtained using SVN from
> >> https://trillian.chruetertee.ch/svn/ports/branches/xorg-7.7 .
> >> Once this ports overlay is obtained, it is necessary to run the
> >> xorgmerge script, obtainable here:
> >> http://people.freebsd.org/~miwi/xorg/xorgmerge .
> >> Please don't forget to update directories before running this script.
> >

> >> Once the patch is in your ports tree, to build the old xorg, just cd to
> >> /usr/ports/x11/xorg and run make install.
> >> To get the new xorg, first set WITH_NEW_XORG in /etc/make.conf then
> >> proceed as above.
> > Hi, I am trying the xorgmerge w/ svn (after svn update ports)
> >

> [SNIP build error]
>
> > [7] > uname -a
> > FreeBSD dx.burplex.com 10.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #0 r248165: Mon Mar
> 11 18:20:30 PDT 2013     [hidden email]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/FURAHA  amd64
> >

> Hi!
> Which version of X are you trying to build, the new or the old one?  In
> which port does that error occur?  Can you please post the contents of
> your /etc/make.conf as well.
> Regards!
> --
> Niclas Zeising
Hi Niclas,

looks like it's failing in
/usr/ports/x11/libXi

these two includes:

#include <X11/extensions/XInput.h>
#include <X11/extensions/XInput2.h>

do not exist in
/usr/local/include/X11/extensions

Here's my make.conf

i did try with/without ccache, i believe it produces same results

WITH_NEW_XORG=YES
MALLOC_PRODUCTION=YES
NO_PROFILE=YES
WITHOUT_DEBUG=YES
KERNCONF=FURAHA
CC=clang
CPP=clang-cpp
CXX=clang++
#USE_CCACHE=YES
#USE_CCACHE_CPP2=YES
THREADS=8
NO_CLEAN=YES
.if (!empty(.CURDIR:M/usr/src*) || !empty(.CURDIR:M/usr/obj*))
.if !defined(NOCCACHE)
CC:=${CC:C,^cc,/usr/local/libexec/ccache/world/clang,1}
CXX:=${CXX:C,^c\+\+,/usr/local/libexec/ccache/world/clang++,1}
.endif
.endif

.if ${CC:T} == "clang"
CFLAGS+=        -Qunused-arguments
.endif

# added by use.perl 2013-03-12 14:15:04
PERL_VERSION=5.14.2

Thank you,

--
Waitman Gobble
San Jose California USA

Re: [CFT] xorg 7.7

Waitman Gobble-2
Niclas Zeising <[hidden email]> wrote ..

> On 03/14/13 07:20, Waitman Gobble wrote:
> > Niclas Zeising <[hidden email]> wrote ..
> >> The FreeBSD xorg team (x11@) presents this update of the FreeBSD xorg
> >> port to version 7.7.
> >
> >> This CFT and any updates can either be obtained using SVN from
> >> https://trillian.chruetertee.ch/svn/ports/branches/xorg-7.7 .
> >> Once this ports overlay is obtained, it is necessary to run the
> >> xorgmerge script, obtainable here:
> >> http://people.freebsd.org/~miwi/xorg/xorgmerge .
> >> Please don't forget to update directories before running this script.
> >

> >> Once the patch is in your ports tree, to build the old xorg, just cd to
> >> /usr/ports/x11/xorg and run make install.
> >> To get the new xorg, first set WITH_NEW_XORG in /etc/make.conf then
> >> proceed as above.
> > Hi, I am trying the xorgmerge w/ svn (after svn update ports)
> >

> [SNIP build error]
>
> > [7] > uname -a
> > FreeBSD dx.burplex.com 10.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #0 r248165: Mon Mar
> 11 18:20:30 PDT 2013     [hidden email]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/FURAHA  amd64
> >

> Hi!
> Which version of X are you trying to build, the new or the old one?  In
> which port does that error occur?  Can you please post the contents of
> your /etc/make.conf as well.
> Regards!
> --
> Niclas Zeising
oh, duh sorry. of course XInput etc is in the libXi port. :)

> pwd
/usr/ports/x11

> find . | grep XInput
./libXi/work/libXi-1.7/include/X11/extensions/XInput.h
./libXi/work/libXi-1.7/include/X11/extensions/XInput2.h

i'll try to see what's going on in there.

Thanks

--
Waitman Gobble
San Jose California USA

Re: [CFT] xorg 7.7

Waitman Gobble-2
Niclas Zeising <[hidden email]> wrote ..

> On 03/14/13 07:20, Waitman Gobble wrote:
> > Niclas Zeising <[hidden email]> wrote ..
> >> The FreeBSD xorg team (x11@) presents this update of the FreeBSD xorg
> >> port to version 7.7.
> >
> >> This CFT and any updates can either be obtained using SVN from
> >> https://trillian.chruetertee.ch/svn/ports/branches/xorg-7.7 .
> >> Once this ports overlay is obtained, it is necessary to run the
> >> xorgmerge script, obtainable here:
> >> http://people.freebsd.org/~miwi/xorg/xorgmerge .
> >> Please don't forget to update directories before running this script.
> >

> >> Once the patch is in your ports tree, to build the old xorg, just cd to
> >> /usr/ports/x11/xorg and run make install.
> >> To get the new xorg, first set WITH_NEW_XORG in /etc/make.conf then
> >> proceed as above.
> > Hi, I am trying the xorgmerge w/ svn (after svn update ports)
> >

> [SNIP build error]
>
> > [7] > uname -a
> > FreeBSD dx.burplex.com 10.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #0 r248165: Mon Mar
> 11 18:20:30 PDT 2013     [hidden email]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/FURAHA  amd64
> >

> Hi!
> Which version of X are you trying to build, the new or the old one?  In
> which port does that error occur?  Can you please post the contents of
> your /etc/make.conf as well.
> Regards!
> --
> Niclas Zeising
Hi,

I'm not yet sure why but somehow the first make install of
/usr/ports/x11/inputproto/ was messed up, This is on a new install without having xorg on the machine previously.
I did make deinstall/reinstall of inputproto and this solved the libXi build problem.. I'm going to try to continue the xorg 7.7 install and see if it works now.

Thank you,

--
Waitman Gobble
San Jose California USA

Re: [CFT] xorg 7.7

Waitman Gobble-2
Waitman Gobble <[hidden email]> wrote ..
> Hi,
>
> I'm not yet sure why but somehow the first make install of
> /usr/ports/x11/inputproto/ was messed up,

Hi,

This indeed solved the problem. I wish I knew why/how inputproto got botched, but reinstalling it allowed xorg 7.7 build to continue.

Installing xorg-drivers-7.7... done
===>   Returning to build of xorg-7.7
===>   xorg-7.7 depends on file: /usr/local/bin/Xorg - found
===>   Generating temporary packing list
===>  Checking if x11/xorg already installed
===>   Registering installation for xorg-7.7
Installing xorg-7.7... done

Now to try it out.. ;-)

Waitman Gobble
San Jose California USA

Re: [CFT] xorg 7.7

Niclas Zeising-6
On 2013-03-15 06:52, Waitman Gobble wrote:

> Waitman Gobble <[hidden email]> wrote ..
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm not yet sure why but somehow the first make install of
>> /usr/ports/x11/inputproto/ was messed up,
>

> Hi,
>
> This indeed solved the problem. I wish I knew why/how inputproto got botched, but reinstalling it allowed xorg 7.7 build to continue.
>
> Installing xorg-drivers-7.7... done
> ===>   Returning to build of xorg-7.7
> ===>   xorg-7.7 depends on file: /usr/local/bin/Xorg - found
> ===>   Generating temporary packing list
> ===>  Checking if x11/xorg already installed
> ===>   Registering installation for xorg-7.7
> Installing xorg-7.7... done
>
> Now to try it out.. ;-)
>
> Thanks,

Hi!
I don't know what failed the first time, but it's good that it's working
now. :)
If you encounter any other issues, don't hesitate to contact me or the list.
Regards!
--
Niclas

Re: [CFT] xorg 7.7

Waitman Gobble-2
Niclas Zeising <[hidden email]> wrote ..

> On 2013-03-15 06:52, Waitman Gobble wrote:
> > Waitman Gobble <[hidden email]> wrote ..
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I'm not yet sure why but somehow the first make install of
> >> /usr/ports/x11/inputproto/ was messed up,
> >

> > Hi,
> >
> > This indeed solved the problem. I wish I knew why/how inputproto got botched,
> but reinstalling it allowed xorg 7.7 build to continue.
> >
> > Installing xorg-drivers-7.7... done
> > ===>   Returning to build of xorg-7.7
> > ===>   xorg-7.7 depends on file: /usr/local/bin/Xorg - found
> > ===>   Generating temporary packing list
> > ===>  Checking if x11/xorg already installed
> > ===>   Registering installation for xorg-7.7
> > Installing xorg-7.7... done
> >
> > Now to try it out.. ;-)
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

> Hi!
> I don't know what failed the first time, but it's good that it's working
> now. :)
> If you encounter any other issues, don't hesitate to contact me or the list.
> Regards!
> --
> Niclas
Hi,

I am curious about why the pkg version shows that a newer version is available in ports, since I updated /usr/ports then applied the patch for xorg 7.7. I have not re-updated /usr/ports.

After install It shows that the installed version is older than /usr/ports ? I would expect it to the be same version.

[226] > pkg version | grep \<
bigreqsproto-1.1.1                 <
fontsproto-2.1.1                   <
kbproto-1.0.5                      <
libICE-1.0.7,1                     <
libSM-1.2.0,1                      <
libX11-1.4.4,1                     <
libXau-1.0.6                       <
libXaw-1.0.9,2                     <
libXdmcp-1.1.0                     <
libXext-1.3.0_1,1                  <
libXfont-1.4.4_1,1                 <
libXft-2.1.14                      <
libXmu-1.1.0,1                     <
libXpm-3.5.9                       <
libXrender-0.9.6                   <
libXt-1.1.1,1                      <
libfontenc-1.1.0                   <
libxcb-1.7                         <
pixman-0.24.2                      <
xcb-proto-1.7.1                    <
xcmiscproto-1.2.1                  <
xextproto-7.2.0                    <
xorg-fonts-truetype-7.5.1          <
xorg-macros-1.16.1                 <
xproto-7.0.22                      <
xtrans-1.2.6                       <

Thank you,

--
Waitman Gobble
San Jose California USA

Re: [CFT] xorg 7.7

Olivier Smedts
2013/3/16 Waitman Gobble <[hidden email]>:

> [226] > pkg version | grep \<
> bigreqsproto-1.1.1                 <
> fontsproto-2.1.1                   <
> kbproto-1.0.5                      <
> libICE-1.0.7,1                     <
> libSM-1.2.0,1                      <
> libX11-1.4.4,1                     <
> libXau-1.0.6                       <
> libXaw-1.0.9,2                     <
> libXdmcp-1.1.0                     <
> libXext-1.3.0_1,1                  <
> libXfont-1.4.4_1,1                 <
> libXft-2.1.14                      <
> libXmu-1.1.0,1                     <
> libXpm-3.5.9                       <
> libXrender-0.9.6                   <
> libXt-1.1.1,1                      <
> libfontenc-1.1.0                   <
> libxcb-1.7                         <
> pixman-0.24.2                      <
> xcb-proto-1.7.1                    <
> xcmiscproto-1.2.1                  <
> xextproto-7.2.0                    <
> xorg-fonts-truetype-7.5.1          <
> xorg-macros-1.16.1                 <
> xproto-7.0.22                      <
> xtrans-1.2.6                       <

Hint : you can use
pkg version -vl '<'

--
Olivier Smedts                                                 _
                                        ASCII ribbon campaign ( )

  "Il y a seulement 10 sortes de gens dans le monde :
  ceux qui comprennent le binaire,
  et ceux qui ne le comprennent pas."

Re: [CFT] xorg 7.7

Ivan Klymenko
Hi

At upgrade arose the following error

checking for posix_memalign... yes
checking for LIBDRM... yes
checking pkg-config files for X11 are available... yes
checking for X11... yes
checking for GLPROTO... yes
checking for DRI2PROTO... yes
checking for XF86VIDMODE... yes
checking for DRIGL... yes
checking for xcb_glx_create_context_attribs_arb_checked in -lxcb-glx...
yes configure: error: DRI driver directory 'i810' doesn't exist
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please report the problem to [hidden email] [maintainer] and attach the
"/usr/ports_build/usr/ports/graphics/dri/work/Mesa-8.0.5/config.log"
including the output of the failure of your make command. Also, it
might be a good idea to provide an overview of all packages installed
on your system (e.g. a /usr/local/sbin/pkg info -g -Ea).
*** [do-configure] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/dri.
*** [build] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/dri.

directory is real does not contain the actual source code for some
video cards

root@nonamehost:/usr/ports/graphics/dri/work/Mesa-8.0.5/src/mesa/drivers/dri
# ls -l total 56
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  2162 24 окт 22:03 Android.mk
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  1220 19 мар 12:49 Makefile
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  1220 24 окт 22:03 Makefile.bak
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel   569 24 окт 22:03 Makefile.defines
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  1743 24 окт 22:03 Makefile.targets
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   512 19 мар 12:46 common
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel   262 24 окт 22:03 dri.pc.in
drwxr-xr-x  2 root  wheel  1536 19 мар 12:46 i915
drwxr-xr-x  2 root  wheel  4096 19 мар 12:46 i965
drwxr-xr-x  2 root  wheel  1536 19 мар 12:46 intel
drwxr-xr-x  2 root  wheel  2048 19 мар 12:49 nouveau
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  1536 19 мар 12:46 r200
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  1536 19 мар 12:46 radeon
drwxr-xr-x  2 root  wheel   512 19 мар 12:46 swrast

May be need to either change the options for the port or add source
code archive for these cards?
12