CURRENT: r365325: mounting ZFS within JAIL now fails: /sbin/zfs mount -a: failed

CURRENT: r365325: mounting ZFS within JAIL now fails: /sbin/zfs mount -a: failed

Hartmann, O.-2
Running a most recent CURRENT (FreeBSD 13.0-CURRENT #1 r365325: Fri Sep  4
11:28:14 CEST 2020 amd64) with JAILS also running CURRENT of the very same
version, one specific jail which is designated to be a poudriere jail with ZFS
filesystems doesn't start after an update today.

The message is:

[...]
cannot mount 'POOL00/ezjail': Insufficient privileges
cannot mount 'POOL00': Insufficient privileges

Prior to the update today, everything worked fine and the jail was able to
mount its pool; "enforce_statfs= "1";" worked so far, I have no clue what is
going wrong here.

Can someone shed some light on this?

Addendum: As mentioned in /usr/src/UPDATING, 20200824, I did not upgrade the
pool.

The host has been rebuild from clean /usr/src/obj and so the jail's image
(using ezjail and /usr/src as the jail's base).

Help is appreciated,

thanks in advance,

kind regards

oh

Re: CURRENT: r365325: mounting ZFS within JAIL now fails: /sbin/zfs mount -a: failed

Ryan Moeller-2

On 9/4/20 6:30 AM, O. Hartmann wrote:

> Running a most recent CURRENT (FreeBSD 13.0-CURRENT #1 r365325: Fri Sep 4
> 11:28:14 CEST 2020 amd64) with JAILS also running CURRENT of the very same
> version, one specific jail which is designated to be a poudriere jail
> with ZFS
> filesystems doesn't start after an update today.
>
> The message is:
>
> [...]
> cannot mount 'POOL00/ezjail': Insufficient privileges
> cannot mount 'POOL00': Insufficient privileges

I've recently committed some bug fixes in the jails <-> zones
translations upstream after seeing a report like this. It seems to
resolve this particular issue. Expect it to be a few days until the
commit gets pulled in through the vendor branch.

-Ryan