Cairo Configure Fails on cairo-1.14.2,2

Aric Gregson
Hello,

I am attempting to update several ports on FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE-p16 #0:
Tue Jul 28 12:04:19 UTC 2015 amd64. Cairo, however, consistently
fails. I have attached the config.log and below is the message that I
get. Any suggests on how to move forward would be greatly
appreciated. If you would like further information, please let me know.

Thanks, Aric

======================
checking whether cairo's PNG functions feature could be enabled... yes
checking for cairo's EGL functions feature...
checking whether cairo's EGL functions feature could be enabled... no (not required by any backend)
configure: error:  EGL functions feature could not be enabled
configure: WARNING: cache variable cairo_cv_warn_maybe contains a newline
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please report the problem to [hidden email] [maintainer] and attach the
"/usr/ports/graphics/cairo/work/cairo-1.14.2/config.log" including the output
of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good idea to provide
an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. a
/usr/local/sbin/pkg-static info -g -Ea).
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[1]: stopped in /usr/ports/graphics/cairo
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/ports/graphics/cairo

config.log (252K) Download Attachment

Re: Cairo Configure Fails on cairo-1.14.2,2

Koop Mast-2
On 06/08/2015 01:21, Aric Gregson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am attempting to update several ports on FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE-p16 #0:
> Tue Jul 28 12:04:19 UTC 2015 amd64. Cairo, however, consistently
> fails. I have attached the config.log and below is the message that I
> get. Any suggests on how to move forward would be greatly
> appreciated. If you would like further information, please let me know.

Hi,

It seems the mailinglist ate the attachment. how ever I know what causes
this problem. Either set the OPENGL option or unset the EGL option to
workaround the problem, until I have a change to look into the problem.

-Koop

> Thanks, Aric
>
> ======================
> checking whether cairo's PNG functions feature could be enabled... yes
> checking for cairo's EGL functions feature...
> checking whether cairo's EGL functions feature could be enabled... no (not required by any backend)
> configure: error:  EGL functions feature could not be enabled
> configure: WARNING: cache variable cairo_cv_warn_maybe contains a newline
> ===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
> Please report the problem to [hidden email] [maintainer] and attach the
> "/usr/ports/graphics/cairo/work/cairo-1.14.2/config.log" including the output
> of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good idea to provide
> an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. a
> /usr/local/sbin/pkg-static info -g -Ea).
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> make[1]: stopped in /usr/ports/graphics/cairo
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> make: stopped in /usr/ports/graphics/cairo

---

Re: Cairo Configure Fails on cairo-1.14.2,2

Aric Gregson
On Thu, 06 Aug 2015 08:59:17 +0200
Koop Mast <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Either set the OPENGL option or unset the EGL option to workaround
> the problem, until I have a change to look into the problem.

Thank you very much for you very quick reply. Your solution worked fine
for me.

Aric

On 06/08/2015 22:34, Aric Gregson wrote:
> On Thu, 06 Aug 2015 08:59:17 +0200
> Koop Mast <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Either set the OPENGL option or unset the EGL option to workaround
>> the problem, until I have a change to look into the problem.
> Thank you very much for you very quick reply. Your solution worked fine
> for me.
>
> Aric

No problem, I was waiting for trouble to be honest. After a big import
like GNOME 3.16 something is bound to go south. So far only cairo and
glib file chooser deadlock (fixed in 2.44.1_1). So that is pretty good,
if I say so myself.

-Koop