Country mirror for Lithuania question

Arnoldas Šareckis
Hello dear FreeBSD mirrors admin team!

I'm writing to You as a representative of Vilnius University, Department
of Information Technology.

We have noticed that in Lithuania there isn't a single fully
working FreeBSD mirror. ftp.lt.freebsd.org in fact responds with errors
instead of serving content, while ftp2.lt.freebsd.org fails to open too.

Would it be beneficial to host a long-term oriented and reliable mirror?
The mirror would be hosted and maintained by Vilnius University. At the
moment we already host full Linux Debian and Ubuntu repositories, also Mozilla,
ClamAV and Apache mirrors for quite some time.

If You think we can help the (Lithuanian) FreeBSD community, please let
me know. If that's the case, we will start looking for resources for the
mirror. The archive would be served @ 1 Gbps connectivity (straight to
backbone network), Rsync, ftp and http protocols (others too if needed).
Unfortunately, no IPv6 connectivity yet but planned in the future.

--
Best regards,
Arnoldas Sareckis

Re: Country mirror for Lithuania question

Aleksandr Stankevic-4
Hi Arnoldas,

I am the old lt.freebsd.org maintainer. ftp.lt.freebsd.org is hosted at Hostex, but i have left the company a few years ago, so probably nobody took care of it after i left.
I can add your mirror as ftp2.lt.freebsd.org, or ask Hostex if they are still willing to maintain their mirror - and if not, then change ftp.lt. to your mirror address.