Cross-building CPU variants

Peter Jeremy-8
A have an AMD GX-412TC (Jaguar) and would like to cross-build an optimised
version (ie CPUTYPE?=btver2) of FreeBSD (and ports) on my Intel IvyBridge
system.  Unfortunately, this fails because CPUTYPE?=btver2 causes Clang to
generate instructions that aren't supported on IvyBridge.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make this work?

--
Peter Jeremy

Re: Cross-building CPU variants

Warner Losh
On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 10:41 PM Peter Jeremy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> A have an AMD GX-412TC (Jaguar) and would like to cross-build an optimised
> version (ie CPUTYPE?=btver2) of FreeBSD (and ports) on my Intel IvyBridge
> system.  Unfortunately, this fails because CPUTYPE?=btver2 causes Clang to
> generate instructions that aren't supported on IvyBridge.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make this work?

I think TARGET_CPUTYPE=byver2 is the magic you are looking for.

Warner