DNS manager for freebsd.org?

Fabian Wenk
Hello

I would like to ask who is responsible for managing the
freebsd.org DNS zone?

We need to transfer the ch.freebsd.org subdomain from the current
name servers (ns1, ns2, and ns3.basis06.ch) to the following new
servers (entry for the freebsd.org zone):

ch IN NS ns1.home4u.ch.
ch IN NS ns2.home4u.ch.
ch IN NS ns3.home4u.ch.
ch IN NS ns4.home4u.ch.
ch IN NS ns5.home4u.ch.

Reto has already contacted [hidden email] and also
[hidden email] in the last few days, but the update has
not been done yet.

Is somebody reading this list able to do this update, or could
point us to the right person or e-mail address?

Thank you.

bye
Fabian

Re: DNS manager for freebsd.org?

Randy Bush
% dig +short freebsd.org. soa
ns0.freebsd.org. hostmaster.freebsd.org. 111091200 1800 900 604800 3600
                 ^^^^^^^^^^@^^^^^^^^^^^

Re: DNS manager for freebsd.org?

Fabian Wenk
Hello Randy

On 14.09.2011 18:30, Randy Bush wrote:
> % dig +short freebsd.org. soa
> ns0.freebsd.org. hostmaster.freebsd.org. 111091200 1800 900 604800 3600
>                   ^^^^^^^^^^@^^^^^^^^^^^

As I wrote, this e-email address has already been tried. Reto sent
an e-mail on September 9th, but so fare there was no answer or
update of the entries.

In a direct reply from somebody else I got a personal e-mail
address which I will try. I will report back here if I have
"official" contact information.

On 14.09.2011 18:54, Fabian Wenk wrote:
> In a direct reply from somebody else I got a personal e-mail
> address which I will try. I will report back here if I have
> "official" contact information.

The nice person behind this personal e-mail address could do the
update and the ch.freebsd.org zone has now been moved to the new
name servers.

Regarding the correct e-mail address for the freebsd.org DNS zone
contact, I got the following information:

Due to spam issues "[hidden email]" is given out as being
where to send things to.  But that never reaches a human, it is
an auto-responder that gives you the correct address to send
requests to.

bye
Fabian