Debugging features in HEAD

Erik Cederstrand
Hi all,

I'd like to do some performance comparisons between HEAD and e.g. 9.0. Is there a more authoritative source than the handwaving at the beginning of /usr/src/UPDATING in HEAD regarding what needs to be changed in HEAD to make HEAD and release branches comparable?

Kind regards,
Erik_______________________________________________

Re: Debugging features in HEAD

Attilio Rao-2
2012/4/18, Erik Cederstrand <[hidden email]>:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to do some performance comparisons between HEAD and e.g. 9.0. Is
> there a more authoritative source than the handwaving at the beginning of
> /usr/src/UPDATING in HEAD regarding what needs to be changed in HEAD to make
> HEAD and release branches comparable?

You should look at the commits by ken@ about preparation for releases
about the config files, they remove all the debugging options.

For instance, they are almost all about kernel debugging options and
enabling of MALLOC_PRODUCTION in libc.

Attilio

Re: Debugging features in HEAD

Erik Cederstrand