[Differential] D2535: New, experimental PMAP implementation for MIPS64

[Differential] D2535: New, experimental PMAP implementation for MIPS64

sepherosa_gmail.com (Sepherosa Ziehau)
jhb added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> pte.h:86
> +#define TLBLO_SWBITS_SHIFT (53) /* XXXRW: Was 55. */
> +#define TLBLO_REF_BIT_SHIFT (61)
> +#define TLBLO_SWBITS_CLEAR_SHIFT (11) /* XXXSS: Was 9. */

Is this used?

> pte.h:142
> + *
> + *  52 -------------------- 34  33 ------------------- 6 5 - 3  2   1   0
> + *  ----------------------------------------------------------------------

If we go back to using 55 for TLBLO_SWSHIFT_BITS, this comment needs to be updated (52 -> 54)

> pte.h:188
> + *   ---------------------------------------------
> + *  |  RG  |      | SV | PG SZ IDX | MN | W  | RO |
> + *   ---------------------------------------------

I wonder if we can accommodate the existing 55-bit TLB lo layout by shifting these bits all up by 2 and losing the currently unused 60/61 bits?

> pte.h:289
> +}
> +
> +static __inline void

I think we should move the 'pte_cache_bits' that is now in upstream here as an inline as well.

> pte.h:608
> +
> +#define IS_PTE_VALID(r0, r1, offset, label)
> +#define SET_REF_BIT(r0, r1, offset)

Are these two still needed?

> cpu.c:411
>   printf(", %d entries ", cpuinfo.tlb_nentries);
> + if (cpuinfo.tlb_pgmask) {
> + printf("(");

The committed version of this in FreeBSD was moved out of the branch but I think it should be moved back in (it doesn't make sense if you don't have a TLB).  Also, the upstream version is missing the printf for 4M.

REPOSITORY
  rS FreeBSD src repository

REVISION DETAIL
  https://reviews.freebsd.org/D2535