Does FreeBSD have an assigned Internet OID?

Does FreeBSD have an assigned Internet OID?

Rick Macklem
For the NFS over TLS work, I have a need for an Internet OID.
(I understand that IETF assigns ones for things like SNMP under
1.3.6.1.4.1...)

I'm referring to the long strings of numbers separated by "."s,
where each number is a subtree administered by someone.

If either the project or Foundation has one assigned to them,
that I can acquire a subnumber (or whatever they call the next
layer down), please let me know.

Thanks, rick

Re: Does FreeBSD have an assigned Internet OID?

Kurt Jaeger-6
Hi!

> For the NFS over TLS work, I have a need for an Internet OID.
> (I understand that IETF assigns ones for things like SNMP under
> 1.3.6.1.4.1...)
>
> I'm referring to the long strings of numbers separated by "."s,
> where each number is a subtree administered by someone.

https://www.iana.org/assignments/enterprise-numbers/enterprise-numbers

says:

2238
  The FreeBSD Project
    Poul-Henning Kamp
      phk&FreeBSD.ORG

--
[hidden email]            +49 171 3101372                    Now what ?

--------
Rick Macklem writes:
> For the NFS over TLS work, I have a need for an Internet OID.
> (I understand that IETF assigns ones for things like SNMP under
> 1.3.6.1.4.1...)

See:

        /usr/share/snmp/mibs/FREEBSD-MIB.txt

--
Poul-Henning Kamp       | UNIX since Zilog Zeus 3.20
[hidden email]         | TCP/IP since RFC 956

Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
>Rick Macklem writes:
>> For the NFS over TLS work, I have a need for an Internet OID.
>> (I understand that IETF assigns ones for things like SNMP under
>> 1.3.6.1.4.1...)
>
>See:
>
>        /usr/share/snmp/mibs/FREEBSD-MIB.txt
Is https://reviews.freebsd.org/D26225
sufficient to allow me to use 1.3.6.1.4.1.2238.1.1.1 for a user@domain
name in this otherName component of subjAltName in the X.509 cert?
(I didn't list the UserName as the first item of the subtree. Should I?)

Do I need to update the date/time for LAST-UPDATED and REVISION
when I commit it, I'd guess?

Thanks, rick

Rick Macklem writes:
> Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> Is https://reviews.freebsd.org/D26225
> sufficient to allow me to use 1.3.6.1.4.1.2238.1.1.1 for a user@domain
> name in this otherName component of subjAltName in the X.509 cert?
> (I didn't list the UserName as the first item of the subtree. Should I?)

You should add a comment about how suballocations (if allowed) happens
under that branch.

> Do I need to update the date/time for LAST-UPDATED and REVISION
> when I commit it, I'd guess?

Yes please.

Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

>Rick Macklem writes:
>> Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
>
>> Is https://reviews.freebsd.org/D26225
>> sufficient to allow me to use 1.3.6.1.4.1.2238.1.1.1 for a user@domain
>> name in this otherName component of subjAltName in the X.509 cert?
>> (I didn't list the UserName as the first item of the subtree. Should I?)
>
>You should add a comment about how suballocations (if allowed) happens
>under that branch.
I think it is easiest to do them in this file.
I have added an entry for it.

>> Do I need to update the date/time for LAST-UPDATED and REVISION
>> when I commit it, I'd guess?
>
>Yes please.
I've updated https://reviews.freebsd.org/D26225

If you could review this, it would be appreciated, rick