Eventual Perl 7 port

parv/freebsd-perl
 Hi there,

Would anybody be working on Perl 7 port whenever it would be released?
I am asking to avoid duplicate effort on my own behalf. I plan to use then
perl-5.3x port as the base to modify it for perl-7.

  - parv

Re: Eventual Perl 7 port

Mathieu Arnold-2
On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 11:28:35PM -1000, parv/freebsd-perl wrote:
>  Hi there,
>
> Would anybody be working on Perl 7 port whenever it would be released?
> I am asking to avoid duplicate effort on my own behalf. I plan to use then
> perl-5.3x port as the base to modify it for perl-7.

Well, as the maintainer of lang/perl5*, I was looking into it, yes.

--
Mathieu Arnold

Re: Eventual Perl 7 port

parv/freebsd-perl
On Sun, Jun 28, 2020 at 11:01 PM Mathieu Arnold wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 11:28:35PM -1000, parv/freebsd-perl wrote:
> >  Hi there,
> >
> > Would anybody be working on Perl 7 port whenever it would be released?
> > I am asking to avoid duplicate effort on my own behalf. I plan to use
> then
> > perl-5.3x port as the base to modify it for perl-7.
>
> Well, as the maintainer of lang/perl5*, I was looking into it, yes.

Thanks, Mathieu, for the future work.

- parv