FW: 6-BETA4 -> 6.0-RELEASE = sudden reboots

FW: 6-BETA4 -> 6.0-RELEASE = sudden reboots

Kyle Hittle-2
I would suggest re-cvs'ing your box.

Be sure to use RELANG_6 that will get you 6.0-STABLE. Then make cleanworld
make buildworld make installworld make buildkernel KERNCONF=yourkernname
make installworld KERNCONF=yourkernname

That should get you up to 6.0-STABLE unless your box reboots during the
buildworlds!

Kyle

Re: FW: 6-BETA4 -> 6.0-RELEASE = sudden reboots

StRakh
I've already tried this, but firsty i'm not sure that 6-stable will
solve the problem, and secondly, i can finish buildworld process.
As a partial help i've performed buildkernel and installkernel of
6-stable with no visible success.

Stepan Rakhimov

Kyle Hittle wrote:

> I would suggest re-cvs'ing your box.
>
> Be sure to use RELANG_6 that will get you 6.0-STABLE. Then make cleanworld
> make buildworld make installworld make buildkernel KERNCONF=yourkernname
> make installworld KERNCONF=yourkernname
>
> That should get you up to 6.0-STABLE unless your box reboots during the
> buildworlds!
>
> Kyle

Xin LI-5

On 11/19/05, Kyle Hittle <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I would suggest re-cvs'ing your box.
>
> Be sure to use RELANG_6 that will get you 6.0-STABLE. Then make cleanworld
> make buildworld make installworld make buildkernel KERNCONF=yourkernname
> make installworld KERNCONF=yourkernname

By using RELENG_6 you have fixes to some bugs, some of settled new
features (compared to RELENG_6_0), as well as some new bugs in some
cases.  So I'd personally suggest that it would be nice to try out
RELENG_6 to see if it would solve some issue, but run RELENG_6_0 for
production at this time.

Xin LI <[hidden email]> http://www.delphij.net

On 11/19/05, Stepan Rakhimov <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I've already tried this, but firsty i'm not sure that 6-stable will
> solve the problem, and secondly, i can finish buildworld process.
> As a partial help i've performed buildkernel and installkernel of
> 6-stable with no visible success.

Since we knew the date of BETA4, I think it would be also possible to
specify the date so you can obtain a copy of BETA4-ish code (add
"date=2005.10.07.00.00.00" or so after tag=RELENG_6_0) to see if the
problem goes away.  See cvsup(1) for more details.

Xin LI <[hidden email]> http://www.delphij.net