Storspeed, the company I work for is hiring (posting number 2):
Member of Technical Staff: File System Software
The selected candidate will be responsible for the design, development
and maintenance of embedded
platform software including protocol stacks, file systems, CIFS, NFS,
kernel services, device drivers and
The successful candidate must be a team player and should have a
background in delivering software solutions for complex embedded
systems in either the storage or
networking domains. Extensive knowledge of file system internals and
kernel development is a must.
Duties include analysis of feature requests, design and implementation
of new features and
maintenance updates, debug, test, issue resolution and customer
support. Interaction with product
development teams, vendors, customers and others will require strong
written and verbal
communication skills. Candidates should be proactive in managing their
work including meeting
schedules, identifying risks, and delivering high quality software.
• Thorough analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills.
• The ability to achieve mastery of new tools, languages and
technologies with some training and
• High performance network or storage system development.
• System performance analysis, tool selection, design and development.
• Distributed system analysis and design.
• Linux, Solaris, FreeBSD, other UNIX/RTOS
• Familiarity with software development and delivery in a startup
An M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer
Science, or a related discipline with
three years of relevant experience, or a B.S. with five years of
relevant experience is required. The ideal
candidate will have exceptionally strong C software development skills
networking and storage technologies.