Free BSD for Lenovo Laptop

Ravi Raj
Hi

I have a Lenovo Laptop with following Specifications:

Processor: Intel Core i3

RAM: 4 GB

Hard Disk: 500 GB

Hardware Architecture: X86_64,

Does Free BSD Support that?

Thanks

Ravi Raj

8800404712

Re: Free BSD for Lenovo Laptop

Robert Clausecker
Hi Ravi,

This is hard to day as these specifications match about six dozen
different laptop models.  Please give us more details such as the actual
model name, the actual CPU type and the make and model of installed
peripherals, such as the IEEE 802.11 card.  Then check the hardware
compatibility list [1] to see which of these are supported.

Yours,
Robert Clausecker

[1]: https://www.freebsd.org/releases/11.2R/hardware.html

On Sat, Nov 03, 2018 at 02:07:31PM +0000, Ravi Raj wrote:

> Hi
>

> I have a Lenovo Laptop with following Specifications:
>
> Processor: Intel Core i3
>
> RAM: 4 GB
>
> Hard Disk: 500 GB
>
> Hardware Architecture: X86_64,
>

> Does Free BSD Support that?
>
> Thanks
>
> Ravi Raj
>
> 8800404712

()  ascii ribbon campaign - for an 8-bit clean world
/\  - against html email  - against proprietary attachments

Re: Free BSD for Lenovo Laptop

Diane Bruce
On Sat, Nov 03, 2018 at 02:07:31PM +0000, Ravi Raj wrote:

> Hi
>

> I have a Lenovo Laptop with following Specifications:
>
> Processor: Intel Core i3
>
> RAM: 4 GB
>
> Hard Disk: 500 GB
>
> Hardware Architecture: X86_64,
>

> Does Free BSD Support that?

Yes.. Which model? I'd swap out that 4GB for 2 8GB modules however.