I'm a corporate recruiter with FIS (World's largest financial technology firm) and we are hiring a fulltime/permanent FreeBSD engineer to be onsite at our location in Richmond, CA, and will be supporting our Vicor Business unit. Exciting opportunity to work with a great team and be a part of application that is responsible for the processing of over $1.5 Trillion in deposits per year. Please contact me directly with any questions. Thanks!
Vicor business unit within FIS is seeking a Unix engineer to help develop and support the image lockbox application. The application is running at 4 of the top 5 banks in the country, and processed over $1.5T in deposits. The largest of the installations are hosted on FreeBSD workstations and servers.
- Apply expertise, knowledge, and troubleshooting for FreeBSD, running on servers and workstations in the Lab and at customer production locations
- provide software updates using the Vicor Patch tools, for kernels, libraries, configuration files
- provide research and guidance on operating system settings for optimal performance
- provide research and guidance on vulnerabilities and security updates from FreeBSD.org, Mitre, and other agencies as appropriate
- Maintain a local copy of FreeBSD source, using FreeBSD tools (svn), and be able to pull in source code patches and updates as needed to resolve problems and issues
- Be in touch with members of the FreeBSD community, to get help and provide help
- Senior Unix System Administrator level depth of understanding of the following, and at least 5 years experience with:
o the FreeBSD kernel, source tree, compilation, delivery, packaging, and maintenance tools
o device drivers
o common security issues, vulnerabilities, and best practices
o File systems UFS, UFS2, ZFS, NFS
o networking, including DNS, Netgraph
o virtualization using Jails
- Work with local staff, in a positive friendly relationship
- Troubleshooting, OS and Application
- Communicate with local staff and customers, at the right level
- C, Perl, C++, Java
- CVS, SVN for source code management
- Production Support Experience
- Secure Development Practices, Secure Development Life Cycle
- Calmness under pressure, sense of urgency, delivery of solutions
- Red Hat Linux experience: kernels, creating RPM's, RHEL tools
- Application Development experience
- Banking production environment experience
- Information Security audit experience
- University or Tech School degree
Talent Acquisition Group
[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
[cid:image001.jpg@01CBE4C8.E4B65DA0] A leading provider of financial services to businesses worldwide.
Click here to see our job opportunities ------ > FIS Careers<http://jobs.fisglobal.com/>
For FIS employees, click here for internal job opportunities -------> Internal Job Opportunities<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v1/url?u=https://fnis.taleo.net/careersection/1/jobsearch.ftl?lang%3Den&k=%2FbkpAUdJWZuiTILCq%2FFnQg%3D%3D%0A&r=K5bw0YLWgmiANvHdNDJU%2BhcfJ%2FlNNPMYqTNeHRPdSRY%3D%0A&m=X8rTWz0XyeNn%2Fsqn0144K55mMwMGDhPUocz9%2F%2Fyct8c%3D%0A&s=32ca280893558272d9100dedb2f8e97ebc6767bf59e99286a4aa92ad853410b2>
The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message and all copies; (ii) do not disclose, distribute or use the message in any manner; and (iii) notify the sender immediately. In addition, please be aware that any message addressed to our domain is subject to archiving and review by persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.
[hidden email] mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[hidden email]"
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|