FreeBSD Kernel Developer - 6 Month Initial Contract - London
I'm forwarding an e-mail which has been sent to me regarding a position from the topic:
Hi Laszlo,I am writing to make you aware of a new CONTRACT vacancy that I am currently recruiting for. Please see the details below and further instructions if you would like to apply for the position. If this role is unsuitable for you, then please feel free to pass it on to someone you know.
What is the job title?
FreeBSD Kernel Developer
Where is the job?
How long is the contract?
6 Month contract
What is the daily rate?
£350 to £425 per day
My client is a well-respected multinational organisation based in Feltham, and they require the services of an experienced FreeBSD Kernel Developer on an initial 6 month contract. The area of the business you will be working for specialises in; delivering collaboration infrastructure, call controls, gateways and conferencing bridges in a tightly integrated solution, alongside clients and endpoints that together produce an enterprise-grade collaboration experience.
Responsibilities of the role;
- You will have strong knowledge and experience of developing, debugging and maintaining FreeBSD kernel and drivers.
- Be able to quickly adapt to work within a small, tightly knit team of high calibre engineers
- Be familiar with revision control tools, concepts, etc.
- The candidate should understand how an application interacts with the OS, how to maximise performance, be able to benchmark effectively to find and address bottlenecks.
- You will be expected to develop and deliver significant features independently as well as work closely with colleagues in collaborative tasks.
- Responsible for the modification and testing of existing kernel/driver code to take it to a production level of quality (maintainable, robust, stable).
- FreeBSD kernel and driver expertise is essential ( 5 years +).
- Network programming (for example, TCP/IP, streaming protocols, HTTP or RTP).
- Strong C programming knowledge/experience in a multithreaded/event-driven environment.
- Software and System Performance Benchmarking.
- Device Drivers development.
How do I apply?
If you feel that you have all the right skills and attributes to apply for this role, please answer the following pre-qualification questions and reply to me ASAP with an updated copy of your CV if appropriate.
1. How long will it take you to commute to Feltham, London?
2. What are your key skills?
3. What are your daily rate expectations?
4. What is the best number to call you on?
5. What is your availability to interview?
6. What is your availability to start? Do you have a notice period?