FreeBSD Man Pages: MAKE(1) -- Word Document Attached

FreeBSD Man Pages: MAKE(1) -- Word Document Attached

Dennis Jensen
Here is my finished word document of this with all my corrections put into place in case this helps facilitate with getting the corrections put into place.

Re: FreeBSD Man Pages: MAKE(1) -- Word Document Attached

Benjamin Kaduk-4
On Tue, 16 Aug 2016, Dennis Jensen wrote:

> Here is my finished word document of this with all my corrections put into place in case this helps facilitate with getting the corrections put into place.

Unfortunately, the mailing list strips attachments before distributing the
message.  It may be best to report an issue at
https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/ and attach the file there, though it is
quite atypical to edit man pages in Word.  The authoritative source
version is plain text using the mdoc markup language for formatting, so
text editors (as opposed to word processors) are more common.

Furthermore, the make manual lives in the contributed tree
(https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/contrib/bmake/make.1?view=markup),
for which it is frequently best to try to make changes in the upstream
location first, and only make FreeBSD-local patches if that is
unsuccessful.

-Ben