FreeBSD Port: java/eclipse

Jorrit A. de Klerk
Hi,

I was updating my Eclipse to the latest 3.7.1_2.

However, after a seemingly succesfull build/install Eclipse wouldn't
start because of a problem loading the swt library (according to the
Eclipse log file).

After going deeper I indeed saw that Eclipse had an error building swt.
I also tried building the x11-toolkit/swt library but this one also failed.

Because of the update from libxul 1.9 to 1.10 I tried the following:

 > Deleted Eclipse
 > Downgraded libxul to libxul19
 > Rebuilded Eclipse
 > Success! Eclipse will now start.

So maybe a problem with libxul(10.0)?

Keep up the good work!

Regards, Jorrit

Re: FreeBSD Port: java/eclipse

Andriy Gapon
on 16/09/2012 18:11 Jorrit A. de Klerk said the following:

> Hi,
>
> I was updating my Eclipse to the latest 3.7.1_2.
>
> However, after a seemingly succesfull build/install Eclipse wouldn't start because
> of a problem loading the swt library (according to the Eclipse log file).
>
> After going deeper I indeed saw that Eclipse had an error building swt. I also
> tried building the x11-toolkit/swt library but this one also failed.
>
> Because of the update from libxul 1.9 to 1.10 I tried the following:
>
>> Deleted Eclipse
>> Downgraded libxul to libxul19
>> Rebuilded Eclipse
>> Success! Eclipse will now start.
>
> So maybe a problem with libxul(10.0)?

The port has a dependency on libxul19, so that should have been in pulled in from
the very start.

--
Andriy Gapon