FreeBSD Port: x11/mate

Planetoid 128
Hey man,look before I start my problems I mean to you no offence,so the
mate version 1.18 was realesed and we are still on 1.12,so can you upgrade
it please.

Thanks

Re: FreeBSD Port: x11/mate

Kevin Oberman-4
On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 10:22 PM, Planetoid 128 <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hey man,look before I start my problems I mean to you no offence,so the
> mate version 1.18 was realesed and we are still on 1.12,so can you upgrade
> it please.
>
> Koop is pretty much single-handedly maintaining all Gnome ports. This
totals over a hundred ports. He recently updated a large number of the base
ports on which Gnome, Cinnamon, Mate, and applications for all of them
depend. I'm sure that he would really appreciate help, but until he gets
it, I imagine that Gnome will e the first priority, Cinnamon second, and
Mate bringing up- the rear. As a Mate user, I'd love to see Mate get more
attention, but it is beyond my limited coding skills and I'm pretty sure
that Gnome and Cinnamon are most popular.

I know he is aware of the status of Mate and, now that the base ports
(mostly libraries) are updated, I am hoping for an update.

Support is almost all from volunteers. The foundation only hires people ot
work on the most critical and complex issues and if nobody with the
capability can dedicate the time, it simply does not happen.
E-mail: [hidden email]

Re: FreeBSD Port: x11/mate

Koop Mast-2
On Sat, 2017-05-20 at 23:32 -0700, Kevin Oberman wrote:

> On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 10:22 PM, Planetoid 128 <[hidden email]
> om>
> wrote:
>

> > Hey man,look before I start my problems I mean to you no offence,so
> > the
> > mate version 1.18 was realesed and we are still on 1.12,so can you
> > upgrade
> > it please.
> >
> > Koop is pretty much single-handedly maintaining all Gnome ports.
> > This
> totals over a hundred ports. He recently updated a large number of
> the base
> ports on which Gnome, Cinnamon, Mate, and applications for all of
> them
> depend. I'm sure that he would really appreciate help, but until he
> gets
> it, I imagine that Gnome will e the first priority, Cinnamon second,
> and
> Mate bringing up- the rear. As a Mate user, I'd love to see Mate get
> more
> attention, but it is beyond my limited coding skills and I'm pretty
> sure
> that Gnome and Cinnamon are most popular.

Hi,

Like Kevin said, currently working on updating the Gtk+ / GNOME stacks
to the latest where ever possible. But MATE isn't forgotten, Eric
Turgeon has been doing a good job of submitting pull requests and we
got a mate-1.18 branch in our development repo. When the gnome work
slows down I will start looking at MATE.

Cinnamon is looking for volenteers, these ports are old. If someone is
interested in helping, I'm more then happy to make a branch in our
development repo where you can base you work off.

-Koop