[FreeBSD-Ports-Announce] [HEADS UP] Removal of www/tomcat55

[FreeBSD-Ports-Announce] [HEADS UP] Removal of www/tomcat55

Jason Helfman-7
Hello,

I've recently committed an update to www/tomcat55, that will more than
likely be the last release within the Apache Tomcat 5.x branch soon to
be considered EOL [1].

It is on a deprecation path, and is scheduled for removal from the
portstree in 2 1/2 months (December 31, 2013), however with the delay of
this mail I will be pushing the removal to January 31, 2013.

You must upgrade your tomcat installation to newer branch (6.x or 7.x)
which are currently available in ports tree.  All support for tomcat 5.x
branch will be removed from applicable ports prior to removal from the
portstree.

[1] - http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-55-eol.html

-jgh

--