I have an open position for a Sr. Sys Admin at nCircle Network Security in
San Francisco. A large majority of our production systems run FreeBSD.
You'll take on a lot of responsibility in our small team that supports a
diverse workforce with plenty of opportunities to learn, take on fun
projects and be a part of pretty interesting company. Given the size of our
company, you will need some Windows experience as we also support Active
Directory and Exchange.
Senior Systems Administrator
San Francisco, CA
nCircle Network Security, the leading vendor of enterprise security
software, is seeking an experienced Sr. Systems Administrator who is smart,
resourceful, and takes initiative. You will be on a team of skilled and
dynamic individuals supporting a 24x7 global infrastructure from our
downtown San Francisco office (1 block from BART, public transit). The
ideal candidate brings strong FreeBSD, Windows and Cisco systems
administration experience with a high desire for quality. You must have
demonstrable experience in managing heterogeneous global networks, a drive
for quality and a personable approach to enterprise information security.
Don¹t even consider applying unless you enjoy problem solving, working hard,
and love being a Sys Admin.
* Installing, configuring and maintaining hardware and software in a
heterogeneous network consisting of Windows and Unix.
* Implementing security into the infrastructure.
* Overseeing network server technologies.
* Mentoring junior administrators as the team grows.
* Developing and enforcing policies and procedures.
* Creating and maintaining documentation of the infrastructure.
* Assisting desktop support.
* Providing after hours response
* B.S. in Computer Science (or related field), or equivalent experience.
* 5+ years experience managing software and hardware in an Information
Technology department with at least 3 years working in a 24x7 support
* At least 5 years as a system administrator.
* Ability to work proficiently with little daily guidance.
* Must have mature seasoned skills and approach when working with
* Demonstrable experience in a full lifecycle of administrative tasks
such as building a server, administration, configuration and rollout.
* Be able to author code in Perl, Python, Bourne shell or similar
* Good knowledge of relational databases. Hands-on experience with
MySQL and PostgreSQL are desirable.
* Must have 4 or more years with FreeBSD in a production server
* Must have 3 or more years of hands-on administration with Active
Directory and Exchange Server.
* Must have 3 or more years experience with: Apache, Sendmail and BIND.
* Must have 2 or more years experience with Cisco routers, switches,
firewalls and VPN.
* Must have 1 or more years experience with Veritas backup.
* Ability and working knowledge to properly secure all above named
systems and applications.
* Thorough knowledge of TCP/IP based networking.
* Experience working in small companies that take an enterprise level
approach to IT.
Highly desirable qualifications:
* CISSP, GSEC or similar security certification.
* MSCE, CCNA or better technical certification.
* Working knowledge of Mac OS X, Windows Vista, Confluence, MovableType,
PHPbb, Blackberry Enterprise Server, Django, Xen
* Supporting a remote sales workforce.
[hidden email] mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[hidden email]"
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|