FreeBSD mit Power 9 Prozessor

Yogi M. Schneider
Hallo,

hat schon jemand FreeBSD auf einer IBM LC921 oder LC922  mit 2x Power 9
Prozessoren ausprobiert.

Wäre Super wenn mir jemand hierüber Bescheid geben könnte, habe im Netz
nichts gefunden.

Thx, viele Grüße
Yogi

Re: FreeBSD mit Power 9 Prozessor

K. Macy
On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 03:45 Yogi M. Schneider <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> hat schon jemand FreeBSD auf einer IBM LC921 oder LC922  mit 2x Power 9
> Prozessoren ausprobiert.

I don’t think anyone has tried the LC921/LC922. At least by the standards
of tier 2 - the POWER9 processor is well supported. It is the first Power
processor on which FreeBSD has supported superpages, NUMA, and drm-next
graphics. There are at least a half dozen users using Talos systems from
Raptor Computing. I personally have a 2x22 (4-way SMT - 176 threads) Sforza
system with 512G that works fine for me.

> Wäre Super wenn mir jemand hierüber Bescheid geben könnte, habe im Netz
> nichts gefunden.

There is an IRC channel where it’s discussed and it’s been mentioned in
quarterly updates. The developers are all in the US or Brazil so passing
specific inquiries through Google translate might serve you best.

> Thx, viele Grüße

Cheers.
-M