FreeBSD's very own desktop environment

Alwin Doss-2
Hi All,

Having a good weekend??? Let me not make it boring I will get straight to the point.

I have read in FreeBSD documentation, while comparing with the Linux kernel we claim FreeBSD to be a complete operating system which provides not just the kernel but also other utilies surrounding the kernel making it a complete operating system.
My question is "Why doesn't FreeBSD have it's own desktop environment" something like what Ubuntu Linux is trying to achieve with their Unity Desktop environment.
In doing so we will carve a niche for ourselves in the end user space.

What does the forum have to say about this?

Regards,
Alwin    _______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-database

RE: FreeBSD's very own desktop environment

Alwin Doss-2
Users,

Please ignore my earlier email to the mailing list [hidden email], it was intended for [hidden email]
Sorry for the spam

regards,
alwin

Re: FreeBSD's very own desktop environment

pete wright-2
On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 1:50 AM, Alwin Doss <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Having a good weekend??? Let me not make it boring I will get straight to the point.
>
> I have read in FreeBSD documentation, while comparing with the Linux kernel we claim FreeBSD to be a complete operating system which provides not just the kernel but also other utilies surrounding the kernel making it a complete operating system.
> My question is "Why doesn't FreeBSD have it's own desktop environment" something like what Ubuntu Linux is trying to achieve with their Unity Desktop environment.
> In doing so we will carve a niche for ourselves in the end user space.
>
> What does the forum have to say about this?

http://www.pcbsd.org/

-p

--
pete wright