[FreeBSD6] kinfo_size mismatch

Laurent C
Hello all,

I've recently upgraded my AMD64 FreeBSD station from 5.4 to 6.0 using
the handbook method.

Everything seems to work OK but I have the message after repeating every
second on tty1 after I log on X :

kvm_open : kinfo_proc size mismatch (expected 912 got 1088).

After some search on Internet I gave an eye to /usr/src/sys/sys/user.h
for kinfo_proc_size values, but the right value (1088) is already set
for amd64.

So I don't know how to solve this problem, and I'm quite afraid to touch
some souce code on my system.

%uname -a
FreeBSD wks02.chez.oim 6.0-STABLE Thu Nov 17 19:40:44 CET 2005 amd64

Thanks.

--
Laurent

Re: [FreeBSD6] kinfo_size mismatch

Kris Kennaway
On Fri, Nov 18, 2005 at 10:09:09PM +0100, Laurent wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I've recently upgraded my AMD64 FreeBSD station from 5.4 to 6.0 using
> the handbook method.
>
> Everything seems to work OK but I have the message after repeating every
> second on tty1 after I log on X :
>
> kvm_open : kinfo_proc size mismatch (expected 912 got 1088).
>
> After some search on Internet I gave an eye to /usr/src/sys/sys/user.h
> for kinfo_proc_size values, but the right value (1088) is already set
> for amd64.
>
> So I don't know how to solve this problem, and I'm quite afraid to touch
> some souce code on my system.
This is almost certainly because something on your system needs to be
recompiled.  Did you remember to rebuild all your ports after you
upgraded to 6.0?

Kris