Fwd: Re: CDFV2 Microsoft Outlook Message

Fwd: Re: CDFV2 Microsoft Outlook Message

Matthias Apitz-4

Hello [hidden email],

I'm forwarding this issue to you as MAINTAINER of ports/mail/p5-Email-Outlook-Message

The resulting mbox file has an issue causing mutt not wanting to present
the mail. Details see below. The maintainer of mutt
("Kevin J. McCarthy" <[hidden email]>, Cc'ed) replied to me that he believes
the converter is faulting.

Should I file a PR?

Thanks

        matthias

----- Forwarded message from Matthias Apitz <[hidden email]> -----

Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2020 08:00:55 +0100
From: Matthias Apitz <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: CDFV2 Microsoft Outlook Message

El día miércoles, febrero 05, 2020 a las 07:11:42a. m. +0100, Matthias Apitz escribió:

> Hello,
>
> $ file siadmin-error-pg.msg
> siadmin-error-pg.msg: CDFV2 Microsoft Outlook Message
>
> Do we have something in the ports to open or convert such a beast?

I should have been looking better myself :-(
we have mail/p5-Email-Outlook-Message and with this one can do:

$ msgconvert --mbox siadmin-error-pg.mbox siadmin-error-pg.msg

The resulting mbox file has a first line like:

   From "Apitz,Matthias" <[hidden email]>  Wed Feb  5 07:57:08 2020

but after repairing it with vim to:

   From [hidden email]  Wed Feb  5 07:57:08 2020

mutt is willing to open the mbox fine.