Fwd: anoncvs.. offer

scheidell
tabthorpe@ suggested that I send this to you (I guess it makes sense,
portmgr is only ports ;-)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: anoncvs.. offer
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 09:15:28 -0400
From: Michael Scheidell <[hidden email]>
To: <[hidden email]>

I am currently running a (semi public) tinderbox at lorie.secnap.net.
It is in our secure data center, 100Mbs fiber, battery and generator
backup, takes three different permissions on card key to get in (only
two people have those permissions).
Pretty secure, (we are a managed network security company), staffed 24/7.

I noticed that the ports anon cvs is broken in us (heard its broken
everywhere except tw and fr).

I would volunteer a jailed public anoncvs.us.FreeBSD.org /and/or
anoncvs1.FreeBSD.org.

since we are moving everything to svn, I would volunteer to host that.
No sense in cvs just for ports at this point.

any interest?

ps, video of our SOC:<https://vimeo.com/40589546>

Yes, everyone in the video works here.
one at the very end is my clone (first born) former marine, runs the SOC
and DC.

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
>*| * SECNAP Network Security Corporation
d: +1.561.948.2259
w: http://people.freebsd.org/~scheidell

Re: anoncvs.. offer

Simon L. B. Nielsen-4
On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 8:02 PM, Michael Scheidell <[hidden email]> wrote:
> tabthorpe@ suggested that I send this to you (I guess it makes sense,
> portmgr is only ports ;-)

Hey,

Yes, hubs is probably the best place.

> I am currently running a (semi public) tinderbox at lorie.secnap.net.
> It is in our secure data center, 100Mbs fiber, battery and generator
> backup, takes three different permissions on card key to get in (only
> two people have those permissions).
> Pretty secure, (we are a managed network security company), staffed 24/7.
>
> I noticed that the ports anon cvs is broken in us (heard its broken
> everywhere except tw and fr).
>
> I would volunteer a jailed public anoncvs.us.FreeBSD.org /and/or
> anoncvs1.FreeBSD.org.

If somebody is willing to run an external anoncvs, I would be very
happy with this. See any problems with this brd (who have run a mirror
in the past)?

Is it running now? Do you plan to run it over pserver or ssh?

> since we are moving everything to svn, I would volunteer to host that.
> No sense in cvs just for ports at this point.

Not sure what you mean by this part - for svn the anon access is
pretty much built in?

> ps, video of our SOC:<https://vimeo.com/40589546>

Hmm, you guys use pie charts in network monitoring? ;-)

--
Simon