[GSoC]Implementing the Parallel Scheduling Parallel Transmission subsystem on FreeBSD, help needed

[GSoC]Implementing the Parallel Scheduling Parallel Transmission subsystem on FreeBSD, help needed

Zhongze Liu
HI there,

I'm an undergraduate student majoring in information security and have
always been interested in systems programming. While seeking for some
challenge for this summer on the GSoC page (I've completed a GSoC
project with the Xen hypervisor community last year, and really want
to do it again), I found FreeBSD's idea of Implementing the Parallel
Scheduling Parallel Transmission subsystem really interesting and
would like to take this challenge.

I've been reading the PSSPT paper for a general idea of the project.
And at the same time, I also want to get familiar with FreeBSD's code
base, especially the part related to this project. I think the most
natural way to get started would be making some small yet related
contributions to the project. Do we have such small fixes that could
be assigned to me?

Besides that, I'would really appreciate any form of suggestions or
information about how the project could be completed.

Cheers,

Zhongze Liu

Re: [GSoC]Implementing the Parallel Scheduling Parallel Transmission subsystem on FreeBSD, help needed

D. Ebdrup
>HI there,

>I'm an undergraduate student majoring in information security and have
>always been interested in systems programming. While seeking for some
>challenge for this summer on the GSoC page (I've completed a GSoC
>project with the Xen hypervisor community last year, and really want
>to do it again), I found FreeBSD's idea of Implementing the Parallel
>Scheduling Parallel Transmission subsystem really interesting and
>would like to take this challenge.

>I've been reading the PSSPT paper for a general idea of the project.
>And at the same time, I also want to get familiar with FreeBSD's code
>base, especially the part related to this project. I think the most
>natural way to get started would be making some small yet related
>contributions to the project. Do we have such small fixes that could
>be assigned to me?

>Besides that, I'would really appreciate any form of suggestions or
>information about how the project could be completed.

>Cheers,

>Zhongze Liu

This is probably a stupid question, so please bear with me.
Did you try reaching out to Giuseppe Lettieri?

Daniel Ebdrup aka. D. Ebdrup.

Re: [GSoC]Implementing the Parallel Scheduling Parallel Transmission subsystem on FreeBSD, help needed

Zhongze Liu

>>HI there,
>
>>I'm an undergraduate student majoring in information security and have
>>always been interested in systems programming. While seeking for some
>>challenge for this summer on the GSoC page (I've completed a GSoC
>>project with the Xen hypervisor community last year, and really want
>>to do it again), I found FreeBSD's idea of Implementing the Parallel
>>Scheduling Parallel Transmission subsystem really interesting and
>>would like to take this challenge.
>
>>I've been reading the PSSPT paper for a general idea of the project.
>>And at the same time, I also want to get familiar with FreeBSD's code
>>base, especially the part related to this project. I think the most
>>natural way to get started would be making some small yet related
>>contributions to the project. Do we have such small fixes that could
>>be assigned to me?
>
>>Besides that, I'would really appreciate any form of suggestions or
>>information about how the project could be completed.
>

>>Cheers,
>
>>Zhongze Liu
>
> This is probably a stupid question, so please bear with me.
> Did you try reaching out to Giuseppe Lettieri?

I've CC'ed him this email, but not sure if he sees it. I think I'll
try directly sending a copy of this email to him.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Cheers,

Zhongze Liu

Re: [GSoC]Implementing the Parallel Scheduling Parallel Transmission subsystem on FreeBSD, help needed

D. Ebdrup

> On 23 Feb 2018, at 16.15, Zhongze Liu <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> HI there,
>>
>>> I'm an undergraduate student majoring in information security and have
>>> always been interested in systems programming. While seeking for some
>>> challenge for this summer on the GSoC page (I've completed a GSoC
>>> project with the Xen hypervisor community last year, and really want
>>> to do it again), I found FreeBSD's idea of Implementing the Parallel
>>> Scheduling Parallel Transmission subsystem really interesting and
>>> would like to take this challenge.
>>
>>> I've been reading the PSSPT paper for a general idea of the project.
>>> And at the same time, I also want to get familiar with FreeBSD's code
>>> base, especially the part related to this project. I think the most
>>> natural way to get started would be making some small yet related
>>> contributions to the project. Do we have such small fixes that could
>>> be assigned to me?
>>
>>> Besides that, I'would really appreciate any form of suggestions or
>>> information about how the project could be completed.
>>

>>> Cheers,
>>
>>> Zhongze Liu
>>
>> This is probably a stupid question, so please bear with me.
>> Did you try reaching out to Giuseppe Lettieri?
>>

> I've CC'ed him this email, but not sure if he sees it. I think I'll
> try directly sending a copy of this email to him.
>
> Thank you for your suggestion.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Zhongze Liu

If you have access to irc and EfNet, you may also want to look in the #freebsd-soc channel as there are also helpful people there.  :)