HEADS UP: ca.FreeBSD.org sites

Simon L. B. Nielsen-4
Hey,

The name-servers for ca.FreeBSD.org are down and the contact address we have for the admin bounces.

To fix this ca.FreeBSD.org will be merged into the main FreeBSD.org zone, the problem is that we don't have a copy of the old zone file, so an mirror etc which had a name under ca.FreeBSD.org, please send a mail to [hidden email] with the ca.FreeBSD.org hostname you had and real name of the server it should point to.

If anyone else (IE, not the mirror admins) have information about where the different hostnames should point, please don't hesitate to contact mirror-admin.

--
Simon L. B. Nielsen
Hat: FreeBSD.org admins team

Re: HEADS UP: ca.FreeBSD.org sites

Mit Rowe-2
hello, ca.freebsd.org nameservers are my responsibility... and it seems
something went wonky with a recent network migration.

Here's a fix:

the current NS lines for them are

ca.freebsd.org nameserver = ns2.dreamlabs.com.
ca.freebsd.org nameserver = ns1.dreamlabs.com.

please change to

ca.freebsd.org nameserver = ns2.stagename.com.
ca.freebsd.org nameserver = ns1.stagename.com.

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 6:56 AM, Simon L. B. Nielsen <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hey,
>
> The name-servers for ca.FreeBSD.org are down and the contact address we
> have for the admin bounces.
>
> To fix this ca.FreeBSD.org will be merged into the main FreeBSD.org zone,
> the problem is that we don't have a copy of the old zone file, so an mirror
> etc which had a name under ca.FreeBSD.org, please send a mail to
> [hidden email] with the ca.FreeBSD.org hostname you had and real
> name of the server it should point to.
>
> If anyone else (IE, not the mirror admins) have information about where the
> different hostnames should point, please don't hesitate to contact
> mirror-admin.
>
> --
> Simon L. B. Nielsen
> Hat: FreeBSD.org admins team

Mit Rowe
Stagename, Inc.
http://www.stagename.com
[hidden email]
Office: +1-866-326-3098xt102
Mobile: +1-416-219-2512
Fax: +1-416-533-3480
1 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 107 / Toronto, ON M6K 3E7 / Canada

Re: HEADS UP: ca.FreeBSD.org sites

Mit Rowe
Also, the administrator email should be the one this mail is sent from. What
did you have previously?

On 16 Aug 2011, at 21:14, Mitayai wrote:

> hello, ca.freebsd.org nameservers are my responsibility... and it seems something went wonky with a recent network migration.
>
> Here's a fix:
>
> the current NS lines for them are
>
> ca.freebsd.org nameserver = ns2.dreamlabs.com.
> ca.freebsd.org nameserver = ns1.dreamlabs.com.
>
> please change to
>
> ca.freebsd.org nameserver = ns2.stagename.com.
> ca.freebsd.org nameserver = ns1.stagename.com.

Thanks, fixed.

--
Simon L. B. Nielsen