Having trouble with USES=python

Mikhail T.-11
Hello!

I've created the below port "by the book". However, something is not
right about the install -- some of the files duly installed into
STAGEDIR make their way neither into package nor into PREFIX.

The check-plist complains about /some/ of the omissions:

    ===> Checking for items in STAGEDIR missing from pkg-plist
    Error: Orphaned:
    %%PYTHON_SITELIBDIR%%/scudcloud/resources/disable_snippets.js
    Error: Orphaned: %%PYTHON_SITELIBDIR%%/scudcloud/resources/leftpane.js
    Error: Orphaned: %%PYTHON_SITELIBDIR%%/scudcloud/resources/scudcloud.js
    ===> Checking for items in pkg-plist which are not in STAGEDIR

but not /all/ of them -- none of the icons, which are found under
STAGEDIR, make their way into ${PREFIX}/share/icons/

What am I doing wrong? Thank you! Yours,

    -mi

py-scudcloud.shar (2K) Download Attachment

Re: Having trouble with USES=python

Shane Ambler-5
On 13/09/2017 06:03, Mikhail T. wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I've created the below port "by the book". However, something is not
> right about the install -- some of the files duly installed into
> STAGEDIR make their way neither into package nor into PREFIX.
>
> The check-plist complains about /some/ of the omissions:
>
>     ===> Checking for items in STAGEDIR missing from pkg-plist
>     Error: Orphaned:
>     %%PYTHON_SITELIBDIR%%/scudcloud/resources/disable_snippets.js
>     Error: Orphaned: %%PYTHON_SITELIBDIR%%/scudcloud/resources/leftpane.js
>     Error: Orphaned: %%PYTHON_SITELIBDIR%%/scudcloud/resources/scudcloud.js
>     ===> Checking for items in pkg-plist which are not in STAGEDIR
>
> but not /all/ of them -- none of the icons, which are found under
> STAGEDIR, make their way into ${PREFIX}/share/icons/
>
> What am I doing wrong? Thank you! Yours,
>
>     -mi

With your Makefile -
USE_PYTHON= autoplist distutils hunspell
hunspell is not a python option, it should be as
LIB_DEPENDS+= libhunspell-1.6.so:textproc/hunspell

As you are using autoplist the file list is generated based on data in
setup.py, like "package_data". You should patch setup.py so that it
picks up the missing files and also adjust where it is installing data
files such as icons, that may mean prefixing ${PREFIX} with ${STAGEDIR}.

You may find those missing icons in /${PREFIX}/share/icons/ rather than
within the ports work dir.

--
FreeBSD - the place to B...Software Developing

Shane Ambler

Re: Having trouble with USES=python

Mikhail T.-4
So, it being in STAGEDIR is not enough for it to be installed?..
--
Sent from mobile device, please, pardon shorthand.

12 вер. 2017 р. о 21:22 Shane Ambler <[hidden email]> написав(ла):

On 13/09/2017 12:07, Mikhail T. wrote:
> So, it being in STAGEDIR is not enough for it to be installed?..
> -- Sent from mobile device, please, pardon shorthand. 12 ×ÅÒ. 2017 Ò. Ï

Anything to be installed by the port must be placed in STAGEDIR and
listed in pkg-plist to be considered part of the port.