Help on the wireless document

loader-4

Hi all,

I was working with Sam on a wireless howto, and I've tried to
finish documenting what I could (It's very incomplete). I need
some help cleaning it up, correcting my mistakes, and mergeing
it with the existing wireless section into the Handbook.

Thanks in advance.

HTML output and DocBook source:

http://www.freebsdmall.com/~loader/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/wireless/article.html
http://www.freebsdmall.com/~loader/wireless/article.sgml

Regards,
loader

Re: Help on the wireless document

Brooks Davis
On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 04:20:16PM +0800, loader wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was working with Sam on a wireless howto, and I've tried to
> finish documenting what I could (It's very incomplete). I need
> some help cleaning it up, correcting my mistakes, and mergeing
> it with the existing wireless section into the Handbook.

Overall this looks quite good.  This will be an excellent addition to
the docs.  One comments:

In this bit:

        Then, let's bring up the interface:
        # /etc/rc.d/netif start

did you names "netif start" or "netif start ath0"?  The second is
probably better.

-- Brooks

PGP fingerprint 655D 519C 26A7 82E7 2529  9BF0 5D8E 8BE9 F238 1AD4

Re: Help on the wireless document

Giorgos Keramidas
On 2005-11-02 09:49, Brooks Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:

>On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 04:20:16PM +0800, loader wrote:
>> I was working with Sam on a wireless howto, and I've tried to
>> finish documenting what I could (It's very incomplete). I need
>> some help cleaning it up, correcting my mistakes, and mergeing
>> it with the existing wireless section into the Handbook.
>
> Overall this looks quite good.  This will be an excellent addition to
> the docs.  One comments:
>
> In this bit:
>
> Then, let's bring up the interface:
> # /etc/rc.d/netif start
>
> did you names "netif start" or "netif start ath0"?  The second is
> probably better.

Yes, that would be better than trying to (re)start all interfaces.
It's what I'm using to start/stop only the wireless interface too
and it works fine :)

As for where this should go, I can always help make it a section of
the Handbook.  It can fit very nicely after the "PPP and SLIP" part
of "Network Communication".