How to add mirror in handbook ?

Alain AUDEBERT
Hello list,

What's the way for add ftp4.fr.freebsd.org in this page ? :

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/mirrors-ftp.html

Thanks for the answers :)
Regards,

Alain

Re: How to add mirror in handbook ?

Johan Tärnklint
Hello Alain,

"Whoever helps you get an official name should send email
to|<[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>|so your
site will be added to the mirror list in theFreeBSD Handbook
<http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook>."

Best Regards,
Johan

Alain AUDEBERT aka 2A skrev 2011-08-15 12:14:

> Hello list,
>
> What's the way for add ftp4.fr.freebsd.org in this page ? :
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/mirrors-ftp.html
>
> Thanks for the answers :)
> Regards,
>
> Alain

Re: How to add mirror in handbook ?

DeuZa
2011/8/15 Johan Tärnklint <[hidden email]>

> Hello Alain,
>
> "Whoever helps you get an official name should send email
> to|<[hidden email] <mailto:mirror-admin@FreeBSD.**org<[hidden email]>>>|so
> your site will be added to the mirror list in theFreeBSD Handbook <
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/**en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook<http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook>
> **>."
>
> Best Regards,
> Johan

Thanks Johan,

An email has been sent to mirror-admin ;)

Alain AUDEBERT aka 2A

Re: How to add mirror in handbook ?

Marc Fonvieille
On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 01:28:42PM +0200, DeuZa wrote:

> 2011/8/15 Johan Tärnklint <[hidden email]>
>
> > Hello Alain,
> >
> > "Whoever helps you get an official name should send email
> > to|<[hidden email] <mailto:mirror-admin@FreeBSD.**org<[hidden email]>>>|so
> > your site will be added to the mirror list in theFreeBSD Handbook <
> > http://www.freebsd.org/doc/**en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook<http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook>
> > **>."
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Johan
> >

> Thanks Johan,
>
> An email has been sent to mirror-admin ;)

I just added it, should appear soon on the website.

BTW, I don't know if you can do something, ftp2 ftp5 and ftp6 are not
working.

--
Marc

Re: How to add mirror in handbook ?

Marc Fonvieille
On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 08:26:57PM +0200, Marc Fonvieille wrote:

[...]
> BTW, I don't know if you can do something, ftp2 ftp5 and ftp6 are not
> working.

Hello Ollivier,

ftp2.fr, ftp5.fr and ftp6.fr are not working, is it normal?

--
Marc

Re: How to add mirror in handbook ?

Ollivier Robert
According to Marc Fonvieille:
> I just added it, should appear soon on the website.

Thanks.

> BTW, I don't know if you can do something, ftp2 ftp5 and ftp6 are not
> working.

ftp2 does not seem to be online anymore, I checked two months ago it was working.
ftp5 has just fell off the Earth, machine is not even in DNS anymore.
ftp6 is online and kicking.

I'll try to contact people for ftp2 & ftp5, thanks for the heads-up.

--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- [hidden email]
In memoriam to Ondine, our 2nd child: http://ondine.keltia.net/

Re: How to add mirror in handbook ?

Ollivier Robert
According to Marc Fonvieille:
> ftp2.fr, ftp5.fr and ftp6.fr are not working, is it normal?

Pav's site is slighty incorrect, ftp6 is alive and kicking, dunno really why the "no time" comment, maybe the ftp server does not answer something as it should but it works.

Current fr.freebsd.org situation:

ftp/ftp1/rsync1 alive
ftp2/www temporarely down
ftp3/ftp42 alive