How to make Bluetooth Headset work on FreeBSD 12.0

How to make Bluetooth Headset work on FreeBSD 12.0

Zheng Wang
Hi Experts,

I want to use Bluetooth Headset on FreeBSD 12.0, please give me help.

My environment:
Desktop + FreeBSD 12.0.

Devices:
CSR USB Bluetooth Dongle and Bluetooth headset. ( I made the keyboard and mouse work already).

Question:

l  How to make my headset work on my desktop ?

Could you please give me the detail steps about how to connect the headset and how to make it work.

l  Does it support A2DP, AVRCP profiles over Bluetooth on 12.0 ? I also want to using stereo BT headset.

Thank you very much, I'm looking forward to your answer.

Best Regards,
Zheng Wang

Re: How to make Bluetooth Headset work on FreeBSD 12.0

Maksim Yevmenkin-2
Hello,

> I want to use Bluetooth Headset on FreeBSD 12.0, please give me help.

[...]

> l  How to make my headset work on my desktop ?
>
> Could you please give me the detail steps about how to connect the headset and how to make it work.
>
> l  Does it support A2DP, AVRCP profiles over Bluetooth on 12.0 ? I also want to using stereo BT headset.

i'm sorry, but there is no support for A2DP and AVRCP profiles in the
base currently.

i *think*, few people have had success with audio/virtual_oss port.
you might want to give it a try.

thanks!
max