ISDN status on FreeBSD?

Aragon Gouveia
Hi,

In the past I've used an AVM C4 and Thomas Wintergerst's CAPI4BSD
implementation to get a BRI interface for my FreeBSD Asterisk servers and
they're still running great after a few years.  It has been over a year
since my last setup like that and I know AVM have since discontinued all
their multiport BRI cards.

It looks like the only multiport BRI cards left are the passive ones (eg.
HFC based cards).  What I've found with some googling is about 2 years old,
and I know ISDN4BSD was recently removed from 7.0 onwards.

Does anyone know what is the current and forseeable future status of using
passive BRI cards with Asterisk under FreeBSD?

Thanks,

Aragon
(wishing partial PRIs were feasable here)

Re: ISDN status on FreeBSD?

Hans Petter Selasky
On Thursday 24 July 2008, Aragon Gouveia wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In the past I've used an AVM C4 and Thomas Wintergerst's CAPI4BSD
> implementation to get a BRI interface for my FreeBSD Asterisk servers and
> they're still running great after a few years.  It has been over a year
> since my last setup like that and I know AVM have since discontinued all
> their multiport BRI cards.
>
> It looks like the only multiport BRI cards left are the passive ones (eg.
> HFC based cards).  What I've found with some googling is about 2 years old,
> and I know ISDN4BSD was recently removed from 7.0 onwards.
>
> Does anyone know what is the current and forseeable future status of using
> passive BRI cards with Asterisk under FreeBSD?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Aragon
> (wishing partial PRIs were feasable here)

Hi,

See: http://www.selasky.org/hans_petter/isdn4bsd

--HPS