ISDN4BSD cleanup

Hans Petter Selasky
Hi,

FreeBSD versions earlier than 8.0 will no longer be supported by my ISDN
driver in a month or so. I plan to clean up the extra files I have for FreeBSD
6 and 7 support and clean up the code so that it only works with FreeBSD
version 8 and later. If anyone has any objections to this then please send me
an e-mail.

--HPS

Reference: http://www.selasky.org/hans_petter/isdn4bsd

Re: ISDN4BSD cleanup

Julian H. Stacey-3
Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> Hi,
> FreeBSD versions earlier than 8.0 will no longer be supported by my ISDN
> driver in a month or so. I plan to clean up the extra files I have for FreeBSD
> 6 and 7 support and clean up the code so that it only works with FreeBSD
> version 8 and later. If anyone has any objections to this then please send me
> an e-mail.

Hopefully it will ease your work & may later merge into 8.2+ release base,
Some peoples' smaller boxes might struggle;  some problems & solutions:
  - Gcc memory greed : Cross compiling
  - No ISA slots on new hardware : find PCI cards
It'll tempt me to upgrade my 6.x isdn gates' h/w & s/w.

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com
 Mail plain text;  Not quoted-printable, Not HTML, Not base 64.