Intel Xeon D-2146NT SoC Support

Lyndon Nerenberg (VE6BBM/VE7TFX)
[ I asked this on -hardware but didn't get any responses, so I'm
  widening the scope a bit. ]

We're looking a buying a Supermicro system with the X11SDV-8C-TP8F
motherboard.  This uses a Xeon D-2146NT SoC.  It's not clear what
the embedded chipset is, so it's proving a bit tricky to confirm
whether or not the board will get along with 11.2.

In particular, we need to ensure that we can talk to each of the
12 SATA ports as a standalone (JBOD) disk (this will be a ZFS
fileserver), and that the SFP+ ports will run with 10 Gb/s optics.

If anyone is running this board (or anything else running that D-2146NT
chip) I'd appreciate hearing from you.

FWIW, the system we're looking at is the SSG-5019D8-TR12P:

  https://www.supermicro.com/products/system/1U/5019/SSG-5019D8-TR12P.cfm

Thanks!

--lyndon

Re: Intel Xeon D-2146NT SoC Support

O'Connor, Daniel-2

> On 7 Feb 2019, at 10:58, Lyndon Nerenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> [ I asked this on -hardware but didn't get any responses, so I'm
>  widening the scope a bit. ]
>
> We're looking a buying a Supermicro system with the X11SDV-8C-TP8F
> motherboard.  This uses a Xeon D-2146NT SoC.  It's not clear what
> the embedded chipset is, so it's proving a bit tricky to confirm
> whether or not the board will get along with 11.2.

If you go to OS compatibility and then go Skylake-D SoC you get to https://www.supermicro.com/support/resources/OS/skylake-d.cfm
(This is not really obvious though! I looked up the CPU in ark.intel.com to find its codename first..)

It says FreeBSD 11 works but no 11.1, 11.2 or 12.0. Personally I suspect they *do* work fine just they didn't bother to test them.

I certainly would be very surprised if 11.2 *didn't* work if 11.0 did (and it would be a regression and should be fixed) however it's not my money so.. :)

--
Daniel O'Connor
are so many of them to choose from."