Is FreeBSD-current XHCI 1.1 compliant?

Rajesh Kumar
Hi,

Is FreeBSD-current XHCI 1.1 compliant? or Is it just XHCI 1.0 compliant
supporting upto USB 3.0?

Re: Is FreeBSD-current XHCI 1.1 compliant?

Hans Petter Selasky-6
On 08/09/18 08:42, Rajesh Kumar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is FreeBSD-current XHCI 1.1 compliant? or Is it just XHCI 1.0 compliant
> supporting upto USB 3.0?

Hi,

No changes has been made for XHCI 1.1 compliancy. Are you aware of any
changes we should implement?

--HPS

Re: Is FreeBSD-current XHCI 1.1 compliant?

Rajesh Kumar
No, I am not aware of any changes to be done specifically. But just wanted
to know whether the -CURRENT code is compliant to the latest standard.

What I understand is, with XHCI 1.1, USB 3.1 is supported with speed of
upto 10Gbps. But freebsd xhci manpage says, it supports upto USB 3.0 with
speed upto 5Gbps. So, just wondering whether anything done in FreeBSD with
respect to XHCI 1.1 (or) any plans for the same?

Anyway, Thanks for the quick turn-around.

On 08/09/18 10:25, Rajesh Kumar wrote:
> No, I am not aware of any changes to be done specifically. But just wanted
> to know whether the -CURRENT code is compliant to the latest standard.
>
> What I understand is, with XHCI 1.1, USB 3.1 is supported with speed of
> upto 10Gbps. But freebsd xhci manpage says, it supports upto USB 3.0 with
> speed upto 5Gbps. So, just wondering whether anything done in FreeBSD with
> respect to XHCI 1.1 (or) any plans for the same?
>
> Anyway, Thanks for the quick turn-around.

Hi,

The FreeBSD XHCI driver does not use the speed information provided by
the XHCI PCI descriptors currently nor any internal registers. Even if
the device is 10Gbps capable it will be listed as 5Gbps. If you have an
XHCI 1.1 device and the FreeBSD XHCI driver works, we might want to
update the manual page.

--HPS

Re: Is FreeBSD-current XHCI 1.1 compliant?

Rajesh Kumar
Ok Hans, I don't have any XHCI 1.1 device at this point. I raised the
question in general to know the state in FreeBSD.  If I come across any
inputs, I will definitely update the group.

Thanks.