Java 1.5 crash on Tomcat

Michael VInce-2
Hi all,
I have been testing a servlet performance on a Tomcat 5.5.9 setup and
when I push the load to a certain level the Tomcat core dumps.
libmap.conf
[/usr/local/jdk1.5.0/]
libpthread.so.2         libthr.so.2
libpthread.so           libthr.so

Using non libthr setups the Tomcat appears to runs fine, but as far as I
can see in my benchmarks not as good performance.

The server is a Dell 2850 Dual P4 on EMT64 with AMD64 6.0-STABLE #0: Fri
Dec  9 20:28:06 EST 2005 kernel/build.

Here is a full dump at my web space, I did this because the log dump is
large.

http://roq.com/hs_err_pid94896.log

Does any one know what this is?

Regards,
Mike

#
# An unexpected error has been detected by HotSpot Virtual Machine:
#
#  Internal Error (4E4D4554484F440E435050051B), pid=94896, tid=0x2439e00
#
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
(1.5.0-p2-root_10_dec_2005_01_18 mixed mode)
# An error report file with more information is saved as hs_err_pid94896.log
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please write
# a letter to [hidden email] mailing list
#

Re: Java 1.5 crash on Tomcat

Panagiotis Astithas
Michael Vince wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have been testing a servlet performance on a Tomcat 5.5.9 setup and
> when I push the load to a certain level the Tomcat core dumps.
> libmap.conf
> [/usr/local/jdk1.5.0/]
> libpthread.so.2         libthr.so.2
> libpthread.so           libthr.so
>
> Using non libthr setups the Tomcat appears to runs fine, but as far as I
> can see in my benchmarks not as good performance.
>
> The server is a Dell 2850 Dual P4 on EMT64 with AMD64 6.0-STABLE #0: Fri
> Dec  9 20:28:06 EST 2005 kernel/build.
>
> Here is a full dump at my web space, I did this because the log dump is
> large.
>
> http://roq.com/hs_err_pid94896.log
>
> Does any one know what this is?
>
> Regards,
> Mike

It would be helpful if you could get a core dump from a jdk built with
debug symbols (the WITH_DEBUG option).

Cheers,
Panagiotis