I have a vacancy for a FreeBSD Kernel Developer based at Cisco. This is a permanent position and based in the UK near London
Contact me directly if you are interested in this opportunity.
Software Engineer – Kernel and Virtualisation Expert
The Business Entity
Cisco is changing the way we work, live, play and learn. If your desire to work with leading-edge technology is matched by your drive to succeed in a highly collaborative, fast paced and global environment the Cisco Development Organization (CDO) is the right opportunity for you. CITG deliver collaboration infrastructure – call control, gateways and conferencing bridges – in a tightly integrated solution, alongside clients and endpoints that together produce an enterprise-grade collaboration experience.
Based in Bedfont Lakes, Feltham, the Media Products Group has become a specialist R&D center for the design and implementation of the most technologically advanced video conferencing infrastructure solutions available in the market today.
The Agile Development teams in CDO play a crucial role in achieving this and work as part of the R&D organization alongside the hardware and software development engineers. As a member of a scrum team you will play an integral part in the R&D process working on new products and technology throughout the full product development lifecycle (requirements capture, through design and implementation to system testing and integration). Products are designed, for Enterprise and Cloud deployment, from the ground up with test in mind with an emphasis on scalability, performance, interoperability and usability.
Role & Responsibilities
The successful candidate for this job will be the type of person who understands how an application works within its operating system, how to get the most out of a system, how to performance benchmark to find bottlenecks and how to modify the system to avoid them. You will be expected to produce and deliver significant features on your own as well as work with colleagues in collaborative tasks. You will be called upon to deliver timing estimates for implementation and assess risks involved. As part of an Agile team, creating unit test and functional automation scripts as part of feature development will be expected.
● Programming in C and C++.
● Involvement in the specification, design and implementation of new products and features.
● Architectural and system design of applications in an embedded or server environment.
● Deliver code, unit test software modules and feature test.
● System performance benchmarking, both in terms of investigation and improvement, through the use of automation testing.
● Contribute to test automation at unit, integration, feature and system level.
Candidates must have achieved at least a 2i class honours degree (or international equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Science or Maths, or a successful track record in the industry.
● Strong C/C++ programming, multithreaded/event driven software and scripting.
● Linux or BSD Kernel and Operating Systems Expertise
● Network programming (for example; TCP/IP, streaming protocols, HTTP or RTP).
● Expertise in leveraging and optimising embedded systems and/or virtual machines
● Agile Development methodology
● Knowledge of networking virtualization concepts /trends, deployment models and management of cloud-based system.
● Python or similar scripting/automation experience
● Software and System Performance Benchmarking
● Device Drivers development
● VMWare and/or OpenStack
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
Technical Recruiter EMEAR
Strategic Talent Acquisition
Join the conversation!
Phone: +353 1 8192778
Connect with Cisco
[hidden email] mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[hidden email]"
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|