Job Opportunity: FlightAware - Permanent position - Systems Engineer - Houston, TX US
I have an opening for a FreeBSD Systems Engineer at FlightAware. This is a permanent position located at our headquarters in Houston, TX.
Contact me if you are interested.
FlightAware is the largest aviation web site in the world (serving >100M pages/month). FlightAware needs talented and motivated IT professionals to reliably and consistently operate FlightAware's large infrastructure of FreeBSD servers and Apple desktops in Houston, New York, and London. FlightAware's culture has been created around dedication to users and customers while having a good time doing it. There is no bureaucracy to slow down customer response or innovation with the exception of redundancy, and standard tests to ensure reliability and accuracy.
About the Position:
Reliably operate FlightAware's infrastructure. Design and build infrastructure components, networks, and datacenter deployments to support FlightAware's growth.
• Maintain and grow FlightAware global infrastructure. (FreeBSD servers, routers, custom software)
• Manage FlightAware Corporate IT systems and support internal users (OS X) in Houston and New York.
• Develop expansion and growth plans, purchase datacenter equipment.
• Serve on-call (24x7) for infrastructure or operational problems.
• Manage Asterisk VoIP PBX
• Strong UNIX skills (FreeBSD preferred)
• Cisco IOS familiarity
• Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Worked successfully in a small company, entrepreneurial environment; must be a self-starter
• Understanding of the FlightAware web site