The company I work for, Juniper Networks in Sunnyvale, Ca., is looking to
hire 2 or 3 System Admins. We are a solid FreeBSD shop. Junos, the OS that
runs the routers and switches we sell, is based on FreeBSD 4.x and
6.x. What we are looking for in a system admin is someone who is very
strong with FreeBSD. We also have a fair bit of Linux and Solaris. Some of
the other skills a system admin should have or would be nice to have is;
* FreeBSD (required)
* Linux (RHEL or Centos is preferred)
* Email (Sendmail and Postfix)
Before you reply there are a few things you should know about this
* No relocation. Sorry we can't pay of relocation, you need to be local
to our Sunnyvale, Ca. headquarters.
* This is not a remote job. We need our system admins to be on site
during normal business hours.
* We can not sponsors H1-B. Sorry.
* This is a 6 month contract to hire. Management like to try before buy.
On the positive side, Juniper is a very good place to work especially if
you are a fan of FreeBSD. Our router OS is based on FreeBSD, most
developers and managers are very friendly to FreeBSD. We currently have, by
last count, 5 committers working here. The pay and benefits is a little
better than Valley average. We are growing like mad and have an immediate
If you are interested contact me with your resume. I can put you resume in
front of the hiring manager.