LSI supported mps(4) driver available

12

LSI supported mps(4) driver available

Ken Merry

The LSI-supported version of the mps(4) driver that supports their 6Gb SAS
HBAs as well as WarpDrive controllers, is available here:

http://people.freebsd.org/~ken/lsi/mps_lsi.20120120.1.txt

I plan to check it in to head next week, and then MFC it into stable/9 a
week after that most likely.

Please test it out and let me know if you run into any problems.

In addition to supporting WarpDrive, the driver also supports Integrated
RAID.

Thanks to LSI for doing the work on this driver!

I have added a number of other infrastructure changes that are necessary
for the driver, and here is a brief summary:

 - A new Advanced Information buffer is now added to the EDT for drives
   that support READ CAPACITY (16).  The da(4) driver updates this buffer
   when it grabs new read capacity data from a drive.
 - The mps(4) driver will look for Advanced Information state change async
   events, and updates its table of drives with protection information
   turned on accordingly.
 - The size of struct scsi_read_capacity_data_long has been bumped up to
   the amount specified in the latest SBC-3 draft.  The hope is to avoid
   some future structure size bumps with that change.  The API for
   scsi_read_capacity_16() has been changed to add a length argument.
   Hopefully this will future-proof it somewhat.
 - __FreeBSD_version bumped for the addition of the Advanced Information
   buffer with the read capacity information.  The mps(4) driver has a
   kludgy way of getting the information on versions of FreeBSD without
   this change.

I believe that the CAM API changes are mild enough and beneficial enough
for a merge into stable/9, but they are intertwined with the unmap changes
in the da(4) driver, so those changes will have to go back to stable/9 as
well in order to MFC the full set of changes.

Otherwise it'll just be the driver that gets merged into stable/9, and
it'll use the kludgy method of getting the read capacity data for each
drive.

A couple of notes about issues with this driver:

 - Unlike the current mps(4) driver, it probes sequentially.  If you have a
   lot of drives in your system, it will take a while to probe them all.
 - You may see warning messages like this:

_mapping_add_new_device: failed to add the device with handle 0x0019 to persiste
nt table because there is no free space available
_mapping_add_new_device: failed to add the device with handle 0x001a to persiste
nt table because there is no free space available

 - The driver is not endian safe.  (It assumes a little endian machine.)
   This is not new, the driver in the tree has the same issue.

The LSI folks know about these issues.  The driver has passed their testing
process.

Many thanks to LSI for going through the effort to support FreeBSD.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry

Re: LSI supported mps(4) driver available

Freddie Cash-8
On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 12:44 PM, Kenneth D. Merry <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The LSI-supported version of the mps(4) driver that supports their 6Gb SAS
> HBAs as well as WarpDrive controllers, is available here:

Just to clarify, this will replace the existing mps(4) driver in
FreeBSD 10-CURRENT and 9-STABLE?

So there won't be mps(4) (FreeBSD driver) and mpslsi(4) (LSI driver)
anymore?  Just mps(4)?

--
Freddie Cash

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 12:53:04 -0800, Freddie Cash wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 12:44 PM, Kenneth D. Merry <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > The LSI-supported version of the mps(4) driver that supports their 6Gb SAS
> > HBAs as well as WarpDrive controllers, is available here:
>
> Just to clarify, this will replace the existing mps(4) driver in
> FreeBSD 10-CURRENT and 9-STABLE?

That is correct.

> So there won't be mps(4) (FreeBSD driver) and mpslsi(4) (LSI driver)
> anymore?  Just mps(4)?

Right.  Just mps(4), which will be the LSI driver.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry

Re: LSI supported mps(4) driver available

Steven Hartland
> The LSI-supported version of the mps(4) driver that supports their 6Gb SAS
> HBAs as well as WarpDrive controllers, is available here:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~ken/lsi/mps_lsi.20120120.1.txt
>
> I plan to check it in to head next week, and then MFC it into stable/9 a
> week after that most likely.

Great to see this being done, thanks to everyone! Be even better to see
this MFC'ed to 8.x as well if all goes well. Do you think this will
possible?

    Regards
    Steve

or return the E.mail to [hidden email].

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 23:14:20 -0000, Steven Hartland wrote:

> [...]

Yes, that should be doable as well.  It's unlikely that all of the CAM
changes will get merged back, but the driver itself shouldn't be a problem.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry

Re: LSI supported mps(4) driver available

Daniel O'Connor-3

On 21/01/2012, at 7:14, Kenneth D. Merry wrote:
> In addition to supporting WarpDrive, the driver also supports Integrated
> RAID.
>
> Thanks to LSI for doing the work on this driver!

This is great news (the RAID support) - thanks very much.

Is there a corresponding userland tool, or plans for one?

Thanks again.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum

Re: LSI supported mps(4) driver available

Dennis Glatting
On Fri, 2012-01-20 at 13:44 -0700, Kenneth D. Merry wrote:

> The LSI-supported version of the mps(4) driver that supports their 6Gb SAS
> HBAs as well as WarpDrive controllers, is available here:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~ken/lsi/mps_lsi.20120120.1.txt
>
> I plan to check it in to head next week, and then MFC it into stable/9 a
> week after that most likely.
>
> Please test it out and let me know if you run into any problems.
>
> In addition to supporting WarpDrive, the driver also supports Integrated
> RAID.
>
> Thanks to LSI for doing the work on this driver!

Does this include the SAS2008 series chips? I have two systems, one a
Tyan FT48-B8812 with a S8812 MB and Interlagos chips, where I am
interested in using a driver under 9.0 amd64.

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 20:47:37 -0800, Dennis Glatting wrote:

> On Fri, 2012-01-20 at 13:44 -0700, Kenneth D. Merry wrote:
> > The LSI-supported version of the mps(4) driver that supports their 6Gb SAS
> > HBAs as well as WarpDrive controllers, is available here:
> >
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~ken/lsi/mps_lsi.20120120.1.txt
> >
> > I plan to check it in to head next week, and then MFC it into stable/9 a
> > week after that most likely.
> >
> > Please test it out and let me know if you run into any problems.
> >
> > In addition to supporting WarpDrive, the driver also supports Integrated
> > RAID.
> >
> > Thanks to LSI for doing the work on this driver!
> >

> Does this include the SAS2008 series chips? I have two systems, one a
> Tyan FT48-B8812 with a S8812 MB and Interlagos chips, where I am
> interested in using a driver under 9.0 amd64.

Yes.  The driver in 9.0 supports the 2008 as well.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry

Re: LSI supported mps(4) driver available

Johan Hendriks-3
Kenneth D. Merry schreef:

> [...]
>>
>> I did the following: save the
>> http://people.freebsd.org/~ken/lsi/mps_lsi.20120120.1.txt as lsi.patch
>> in /root
>>
>> then
>> # cd /usr
>> # patch<  lsi.patch
>> I do get some .rej from patch
>>
>> But when i rebuild the kernel it errors out, so i think i am doing
>> something wrong.
> The overall patch won't apply cleanly to 9.0, because it depends on some
> other CAM changes that are not in 9.0.
>
> The driver itself may apply and work, however.
>
> The easiest thing to do may be to edit the patch and only keep the patches
> against files in sys/dev/lsi, sys/conf, and sys/modules.
>
> Before you apply the revised patch, make sure you either back out the
> previous patch attempt, or otherwise get a clean source tree.

Ok thanks.

I did some homework on patching, and to my own surprice, the altered
patch i have now even compiles on 9.0-RELEASE.  :D
only the param.h failed in the end, and i can not figure out why.

So i hope the change in that file is not that important.
I am running it now on a Supermicro 3U storage server with a few sata
disk in it, with a single LSI 9211-8i card connected the the backplane.

It seems to do the job.
The driver coming with 9.0 had some trouble when i remirror some drives,
i try that tomorrow.

i have put the patch here http://xs4all.nl/~doub/mps.patch maybe you can
use it, maybe not.

my dmesg for what is worth

filer01# dmesg
Copyright (c) 1992-2012 The FreeBSD Project.
Copyright (c) 1979, 1980, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994
         The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.
FreeBSD is a registered trademark of The FreeBSD Foundation.
FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE #1: Thu Jan 26 15:37:38 CET 2012
     [hidden email]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/KRNL amd64
CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E31220 @ 3.10GHz (3093.04-MHz K8-class CPU)
   Origin = "GenuineIntel"  Id = 0x206a7  Family = 6  Model = 2a
Stepping = 7

Features=0xbfebfbff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CLFLUSH,DTS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE>

Features2=0x15bae3ff<SSE3,PCLMULQDQ,DTES64,MON,DS_CPL,VMX,SMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,PCID,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,x2APIC,POPCNT,TSCDLT,XSAVE,AVX>
   AMD Features=0x28100800<SYSCALL,NX,RDTSCP,LM>
   AMD Features2=0x1<LAHF>
   TSC: P-state invariant, performance statistics
real memory  = 17179869184 (16384 MB)
avail memory = 16493346816 (15729 MB)
Event timer "LAPIC" quality 600
ACPI APIC Table: <SUPERM SMCI--MB>
FreeBSD/SMP: Multiprocessor System Detected: 4 CPUs
FreeBSD/SMP: 1 package(s) x 4 core(s)
  cpu0 (BSP): APIC ID:  0
  cpu1 (AP): APIC ID:  2
  cpu2 (AP): APIC ID:  4
  cpu3 (AP): APIC ID:  6
ioapic0 <Version 2.0> irqs 0-23 on motherboard
kbd1 at kbdmux0
acpi0: <SUPERM SMCI--MB> on motherboard
acpi0: Power Button (fixed)
Timecounter "ACPI-fast" frequency 3579545 Hz quality 900
acpi_timer0: <24-bit timer at 3.579545MHz> port 0x408-0x40b on acpi0
cpu0: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
cpu1: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
cpu2: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
cpu3: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
pcib0: <ACPI Host-PCI bridge> port 0xcf8-0xcff on acpi0
pci0: <ACPI PCI bus> on pcib0
pcib1: <ACPI PCI-PCI bridge> irq 19 at device 6.0 on pci0
pci1: <ACPI PCI bus> on pcib1
mps0: <LSI SAS2008> port 0xe000-0xe0ff mem 0xfb600000-0xfb603fff irq 19
at device 0.0 on pci1
mps0: Firmware: 11.00.00.00, Driver: 11.255.03.00-fbsd
mps0: IOCCapabilities:
1285c<ScsiTaskFull,DiagTrace,SnapBuf,EEDP,TransRetry,EventReplay,HostDisc>
em0: <Intel(R) PRO/1000 Network Connection 7.2.3> port 0xf020-0xf03f mem
0xfb800000-0xfb81ffff,0xfb824000-0xfb824fff irq 20 at device 25.0 on pci0
em0: No MSI/MSIX using a Legacy IRQ
em0: Ethernet address: 00:25:90:57:20:bd
ehci0: <EHCI (generic) USB 2.0 controller> mem 0xfb823000-0xfb8233ff irq
16 at device 26.0 on pci0
usbus0: EHCI version 1.0
usbus0: <EHCI (generic) USB 2.0 controller> on ehci0
pcib2: <ACPI PCI-PCI bridge> irq 17 at device 28.0 on pci0
pci2: <ACPI PCI bus> on pcib2
pcib3: <ACPI PCI-PCI bridge> irq 17 at device 28.4 on pci0
pci3: <ACPI PCI bus> on pcib3
em1: <Intel(R) PRO/1000 Network Connection 7.2.3> port 0xd000-0xd01f mem
0xfb700000-0xfb71ffff,0xfb720000-0xfb723fff irq 16 at device 0.0 on pci3
em1: MSIX: insufficient vectors, using MSI
em1: No MSI/MSIX using a Legacy IRQ
em1: Ethernet address: 00:25:90:57:20:bc
ehci1: <EHCI (generic) USB 2.0 controller> mem 0xfb822000-0xfb8223ff irq
23 at device 29.0 on pci0
usbus1: EHCI version 1.0
usbus1: <EHCI (generic) USB 2.0 controller> on ehci1
pcib4: <ACPI PCI-PCI bridge> at device 30.0 on pci0
pci4: <ACPI PCI bus> on pcib4
vgapci0: <VGA-compatible display> mem
0xf9000000-0xf9ffffff,0xfb000000-0xfb003fff,0xfa800000-0xfaffffff irq 23
at device 3.0 on pci4
isab0: <PCI-ISA bridge> at device 31.0 on pci0
isa0: <ISA bus> on isab0
ahci0: <Intel Cougar Point AHCI SATA controller> port
0xf070-0xf077,0xf060-0xf063,0xf050-0xf057,0xf040-0xf043,0xf000-0xf01f
mem 0xfb821000-0xfb8217ff irq 19 at device 31.2 on pci0
ahci0: AHCI v1.30 with 6 6Gbps ports, Port Multiplier not supported
ahcich0: <AHCI channel> at channel 0 on ahci0
ahcich1: <AHCI channel> at channel 1 on ahci0
ahcich2: <AHCI channel> at channel 2 on ahci0
ahcich3: <AHCI channel> at channel 3 on ahci0
ahcich4: <AHCI channel> at channel 4 on ahci0
ahcich5: <AHCI channel> at channel 5 on ahci0
pci0: <serial bus, SMBus> at device 31.3 (no driver attached)
acpi_button0: <Power Button> on acpi0
hpet0: <High Precision Event Timer> iomem 0xfed00000-0xfed003ff on acpi0
Timecounter "HPET" frequency 14318180 Hz quality 950
Event timer "HPET" frequency 14318180 Hz quality 550
Event timer "HPET1" frequency 14318180 Hz quality 440
Event timer "HPET2" frequency 14318180 Hz quality 440
Event timer "HPET3" frequency 14318180 Hz quality 440
Event timer "HPET4" frequency 14318180 Hz quality 440
attimer0: <AT timer> port 0x40-0x43 irq 0 on acpi0
Timecounter "i8254" frequency 1193182 Hz quality 0
Event timer "i8254" frequency 1193182 Hz quality 100
atrtc0: <AT realtime clock> port 0x70-0x71 irq 8 on acpi0
Event timer "RTC" frequency 32768 Hz quality 0
atkbdc0: <Keyboard controller (i8042)> port 0x60,0x64 irq 1 on acpi0
atkbd0: <AT Keyboard> irq 1 on atkbdc0
kbd0 at atkbd0
atkbd0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
uart0: <16550 or compatible> port 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 flags 0x10 on acpi0
uart1: <16550 or compatible> port 0x2f8-0x2ff irq 3 on acpi0
uart2: <16550 or compatible> port 0x3e8-0x3ef irq 10 on acpi0
orm0: <ISA Option ROM> at iomem 0xc0000-0xc7fff on isa0
sc0: <System console> at flags 0x100 on isa0
sc0: VGA <16 virtual consoles, flags=0x300>
vga0: <Generic ISA VGA> at port 0x3c0-0x3df iomem 0xa0000-0xbffff on isa0
ppc0: cannot reserve I/O port range
est0: <Enhanced SpeedStep Frequency Control> on cpu0
p4tcc0: <CPU Frequency Thermal Control> on cpu0
est1: <Enhanced SpeedStep Frequency Control> on cpu1
p4tcc1: <CPU Frequency Thermal Control> on cpu1
est2: <Enhanced SpeedStep Frequency Control> on cpu2
p4tcc2: <CPU Frequency Thermal Control> on cpu2
est3: <Enhanced SpeedStep Frequency Control> on cpu3
p4tcc3: <CPU Frequency Thermal Control> on cpu3
ZFS filesystem version 5
ZFS storage pool version 28
Timecounters tick every 1.000 msec
usbus0: 480Mbps High Speed USB v2.0
usbus1: 480Mbps High Speed USB v2.0
ugen0.1: <Intel> at usbus0
uhub0: <Intel EHCI root HUB, class 9/0, rev 2.00/1.00, addr 1> on usbus0
ugen1.1: <Intel> at usbus1
uhub1: <Intel EHCI root HUB, class 9/0, rev 2.00/1.00, addr 1> on usbus1
da0 at mps0 bus 0 scbus0 target 8 lun 0
da0: <ATA WDC WD800JD-60LS 1D07> Fixed Direct Access SCSI-6 device
da0: 300.000MB/s transfers
da0: Command Queueing enabled
da0: 76319MB (156301488 512 byte sectors: 255H 63S/T 9729C)
da1 at mps0 bus 0 scbus0 target 9 lun 0
da1: <ATA WDC WD800JD-60LS 1D07> Fixed Direct Access SCSI-6 device
da1: 300.000MB/s transfers
da1: Command Queueing enabled
da1: 76319MB (156301488 512 byte sectors: 255H 63S/T 9729C)
da2 at mps0 bus 0 scbus0 target 10 lun 0
da2: <ATA WDC WD2500AAJS-6 2E25> Fixed Direct Access SCSI-6 device
da2: 300.000MB/s transfers
da2: Command Queueing enabled
da2: 238475MB (488397168 512 byte sectors: 255H 63S/T 30401C)
da3 at mps0 bus 0 scbus0 target 11 lun 0
da3: <ATA WDC WD2500JS-60M 2E04> Fixed Direct Access SCSI-6 device
da3: 300.000MB/s transfers
da3: Command Queueing enabled
da3: 238475MB (488397168 512 byte sectors: 255H 63S/T 30401C)
da4 at mps0 bus 0 scbus0 target 12 lun 0
da4: <ATA WDC WD2500JS-60M 2E04> Fixed Direct Access SCSI-6 device
da4: 300.000MB/s transfers
da4: Command Queueing enabled
da4: 238475MB (488397168 512 byte sectors: 255H 63S/T 30401C)
da5 at mps0 bus 0 scbus0 target 13 lun 0
da5: <ATA ST3250620NS BJH> Fixed Direct Access SCSI-6 device
da5: 150.000MB/s transfers
da5: Command Queueing enabled
da5: 238475MB (488397168 512 byte sectors: 255H 63S/T 30401C)
ses0 at mps0 bus 0 scbus0 target 16 lun 0
ses0: <LSI CORP SAS2X28 0717> Fixed Enclosure Services SCSI-5 device
ses0: 600.000MB/s transfers
ses0: Command Queueing enabled
ses0: SCSI-3 SES Device
cd0 at ahcich2 bus 0 scbus3 target 0 lun 0
SMP: AP CPU #1 Launched!
cd0: <TSSTcorp CDDVDW SN-208BB SB00> Removable CD-ROM SCSI-0 device
cd0: 150.000MB/s transfers (SATA 1.x, UDMA5, ATAPI 12bytes, PIO 8192bytes)
cd0: Attempt to query device size failed: NOT READY, Medium not present
- tray closed
SMP: AP CPU #2 Launched!
SMP: AP CPU #3 Launched!
Timecounter "TSC-low" frequency 12082197 Hz quality 1000
da7 at mps0 bus 0 scbus0 target 15 lun 0
da7: <ATA GB0750C8047 HPG1> Fixed Direct Access SCSI-6 device
da7: 150.000MB/s transfers
da7: Command Queueing enabled
da7: 715404MB (1465149168 512 byte sectors: 255H 63S/T 91201C)
da6 at mps0 bus 0 scbus0 target 14 lun 0
da6: <ATA GB0750C8047 HPG1> Fixed Direct Access SCSI-6 device
da6: 150.000MB/s transfers
da6: Command Queueing enabled
da6: 715404MB (1465149168 512 byte sectors: 255H 63S/T 91201C)
Root mount waiting for: GMIRROR usbus1 usbus0
Root mount waiting for: GMIRROR usbus1 usbus0
ugen0.2: <vendor 0x8087> at usbus0
ugen1.2: <vendor 0x8087> at usbus1
uhub2: <vendor 0x8087 product 0x0024, class 9/0, rev 2.00/0.00, addr 2>
on usbus0
uhub3: <vendor 0x8087 product 0x0024, class 9/0, rev 2.00/0.00, addr 2>
on usbus1
ugen0.3: <Winbond Electronics Corp> at usbus0
ums0: <Winbond Electronics Corp Hermon USB hidmouse Device, class 0/0,
rev 1.10/0.01, addr 3> on usbus0
ums0: 3 buttons and [Z] coordinates ID=0
ukbd0: <Winbond Electronics Corp Hermon USB hidmouse Device, class 0/0,
rev 1.10/0.01, addr 3> on usbus0
kbd2 at ukbd0
Root mount waiting for: GMIRROR
Root mount waiting for: GMIRROR
GEOM_MIRROR: Force device gm0-p2 start due to timeout.
GEOM_MIRROR: Device mirror/gm0-p2 launched (1/2).
Trying to mount root from ufs:/dev/mirror/gm0-p2 [rw]...

Again, i am a complete novice with this sort of things, so forgive me
any mistakes i made.

regards,
Johan Hendriks

Kenneth D. Merry schreef:

> [...]

ugen1.2: <vendor 0x8087> at usbus1
uhub2: <vendor 0x8087 product 0x0024, class 9/0, rev 2.00/0.00, addr 2> on usbus0
uhub3: <vendor 0x8087 product 0x0024, class 9/0, rev 2.00/0.00, addr 2> on usbus1
ugen0.3: <Winbond Electronics Corp> at usbus0
ums0: <Winbond Electronics Corp Hermon USB hidmouse Device, class 0/0, rev 1.10/0.01, addr 3> on usbus0
ums0: 3 buttons and [Z] coordinates ID=0
ukbd0: <Winbond Electronics Corp Hermon USB hidmouse Device, class 0/0, rev 1.10/0.01, addr 3> on usbus0
kbd2 at ukbd0
Root mount waiting for: GMIRROR
Root mount waiting for: GMIRROR
GEOM_MIRROR: Force device gm0-p2 start due to timeout.
GEOM_MIRROR: Device mirror/gm0-p2 launched (1/2).
Trying to mount root from ufs:/dev/mirror/gm0-p2 [rw]...

Again, i am a complete

Re: LSI supported mps(4) driver available

Stas Orlov

We have a pack of identical Dell R610 mahcines with H200 cards.

pciconf from R610 with FreeBSD9 on ZFS, disks in JBOD mode.

mps0@pci0:3:0:0:        class=0x010700 card=0x1f1e1028 chip=0x00721000
rev=0x02 hdr=0x00
     vendor     = 'LSI Logic / Symbios Logic'
     device     = 'SAS2008 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-2 [Falcon]'
     class      = mass storage
     subclass   = SAS
     bar   [10] = type I/O Port, range 32, base 0xfc00, size 256, enabled
     bar   [14] = type Memory, range 64, base 0xdf2b0000, size 65536,
enabled
     bar   [1c] = type Memory, range 64, base 0xdf2c0000, size 262144,
enabled
     cap 01[50] = powerspec 3  supports D0 D1 D2 D3  current D0
     cap 10[68] = PCI-Express 2 endpoint max data 128(4096) link x4(x8)
     cap 03[d0] = VPD
     cap 05[a8] = MSI supports 1 message, 64 bit
     cap 11[c0] = MSI-X supports 15 messages in map 0x14 enabled

We all aware of the state of things with the old mps driver, so I tried to
pass a hardware array with the new one.
Current snapshot from yesterday fails with following -
http://oi40.tinypic.com/25gdw8o.jpg

iirc, Dell has a nasty habit of writing its own firmware.

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 8:54 AM, Kenneth D. Merry <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 20:47:37 -0800, Dennis Glatting wrote:
> > On Fri, 2012-01-20 at 13:44 -0700, Kenneth D. Merry wrote:
> > > The LSI-supported version of the mps(4) driver that supports their 6Gb
> SAS
> > > HBAs as well as WarpDrive controllers, is available here:
> > >
> > > http://people.freebsd.org/~ken/lsi/mps_lsi.20120120.1.txt
> > >
> > > I plan to check it in to head next week, and then MFC it into stable/9
> > > week after that most likely.
> > >
> > > Please test it out and let me know if you run into any problems.
> > >
> > > In addition to supporting WarpDrive, the driver also supports
> Integrated
> > > RAID.
> > >
> > > Thanks to LSI for doing the work on this driver!
> > >

> > Does this include the SAS2008 series chips? I have two systems, one a
> > Tyan FT48-B8812 with a S8812 MB and Interlagos chips, where I am
> > interested in using a driver under 9.0 amd64.
>
> Yes.  The driver in 9.0 supports the 2008 as well.
>
> Ken
> --
> Kenneth Merry

RE: LSI supported mps(4) driver available

kashyap

Can you explain more about your setup and how to reproduce it ?
I will have look on this issue if it is reproducible ?

Also what is Firmware version you are using on H200 card ?

~ Kashyap

> iirc, Dell has a nasty habit of writing its own firmware.
>

> On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 8:54 AM, Kenneth D. Merry <[hidden email]>
> wrote:

> 6Gb
> > SAS

> stable/9

> > Integrated

> > > Does this include the SAS2008 series chips? I have two systems, one
> > > Tyan FT48-B8812 with a S8812 MB and Interlagos chips, where I am
> > > interested in using a driver under 9.0 amd64.
> >
> > Yes.  The driver in 9.0 supports the 2008 as well.
> >
> > Ken
> > --
> > Kenneth Merry
> > [hidden email]

Re: LSI supported mps(4) driver available

Stas Orlov
Sure, I've made two RAID (1 and 10 ) arrays within LSI Config Utility and
tried to install fresh current, every time I get error linked above, so
yes, it's reproducible.

MPT Firmware 2.15.63.00-IR
Package Version 7.01.33.00

I do have another spare R610 with that card, I'll test it with current
later this evening.

> [...]

As I've stated earlier it's current snapshot from the other day, to be more
specific FreeBSD10-CURRENT r230857

Ok, I'll try to upgrade firmware.

> [...]

FYI.

I just booted off a RAID1 array using this driver under RELENG_9 (below)
on a Tyan 8812's on-board LSI 2008 chip. I have a second FreeBSD system
with a LSI 9211-8i (IR) but it has a few more days of work before it can
do the same.

mc> dmesg
Copyright (c) 1992-2012 The FreeBSD Project.
Copyright (c) 1979, 1980, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994
        The Regents of the University of California. All rights
reserved.
FreeBSD is a registered trademark of The FreeBSD Foundation.
FreeBSD 9.0-STABLE #1: Thu Feb  2 21:36:16 PST 2012
    root@mc:/sys/amd64/compile/SMUNI amd64
CPU: AMD Opteron(TM) Processor 6274                  (2200.07-MHz
K8-class CPU)
  Origin = "AuthenticAMD"  Id = 0x600f12  Family = 15  Model = 1
Stepping = 2

Features=0x178bfbff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CLFLUSH,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,HTT>

Features2=0x1698220b<SSE3,PCLMULQDQ,MON,SSSE3,CX16,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,POPCNT,AESNI,XSAVE,AVX>
  AMD Features=0x2e500800<SYSCALL,NX,MMX+,FFXSR,Page1GB,RDTSCP,LM>
  AMD
Features2=0x1c9bfff<LAHF,CMP,SVM,ExtAPIC,CR8,ABM,SSE4A,MAS,Prefetch,OSVW,IBS,XOP,SKINIT,WDT,LWP,FMA4,NodeId,Topology,<b23>,<b24>>
  TSC: P-state invariant, performance statistics
real memory  = 34359738368 (32768 MB)
avail memory = 33091493888 (31558 MB)
Event timer "LAPIC" quality 400
ACPI APIC Table: <120911 APIC1027>
FreeBSD/SMP: Multiprocessor System Detected: 32 CPUs
FreeBSD/SMP: 2 package(s) x 16 core(s)
 cpu0 (BSP): APIC ID: 32
 cpu1 (AP): APIC ID: 33
 cpu2 (AP): APIC ID: 34
 cpu3 (AP): APIC ID: 35
 cpu4 (AP): APIC ID: 36
 cpu5 (AP): APIC ID: 37
 cpu6 (AP): APIC ID: 38
 cpu7 (AP): APIC ID: 39
 cpu8 (AP): APIC ID: 40
 cpu9 (AP): APIC ID: 41
 cpu10 (AP): APIC ID: 42
 cpu11 (AP): APIC ID: 43
 cpu12 (AP): APIC ID: 44
 cpu13 (AP): APIC ID: 45
 cpu14 (AP): APIC ID: 46
 cpu15 (AP): APIC ID: 47
 cpu16 (AP): APIC ID: 64
 cpu17 (AP): APIC ID: 65
 cpu18 (AP): APIC ID: 66
 cpu19 (AP): APIC ID: 67
 cpu20 (AP): APIC ID: 68
 cpu21 (AP): APIC ID: 69
 cpu22 (AP): APIC ID: 70
 cpu23 (AP): APIC ID: 71
 cpu24 (AP): APIC ID: 72
 cpu25 (AP): APIC ID: 73
 cpu26 (AP): APIC ID: 74
 cpu27 (AP): APIC ID: 75
 cpu28 (AP): APIC ID: 76
 cpu29 (AP): APIC ID: 77
 cpu30 (AP): APIC ID: 78
 cpu31 (AP): APIC ID: 79
ACPI Warning: Optional field Pm2ControlBlock has zero address or length:
0x0000000000000000/0x1 (20110527/tbfadt-586)
ioapic0 <Version 2.1> irqs 0-23 on motherboard
ioapic1 <Version 2.1> irqs 24-55 on motherboard
kbd1 at kbdmux0
acpi0: <120911 XSDT1027> on motherboard
acpi0: Power Button (fixed)
acpi0: reservation of ffffff00, 4000 (3) failed
acpi0: reservation of fec00000, 1000 (3) failed
acpi0: reservation of fee00000, 1000 (3) failed
acpi0: reservation of ffb80000, 80000 (3) failed
acpi0: reservation of fec10000, 20 (3) failed
acpi0: reservation of 0, a0000 (3) failed
acpi0: reservation of 100000, dff00000 (3) failed
Timecounter "ACPI-safe" frequency 3579545 Hz quality 850
acpi_timer0: <32-bit timer at 3.579545MHz> port 0x808-0x80b on acpi0
cpu0: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
cpu1: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
cpu2: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
cpu3: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
cpu4: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
cpu5: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
cpu6: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
cpu7: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
cpu8: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
cpu9: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
cpu10: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
cpu11: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
cpu12: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
cpu13: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
cpu14: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
cpu15: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
cpu16: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
cpu17: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
cpu18: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
cpu19: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
cpu20: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
cpu21: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
cpu22: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
cpu23: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
cpu24: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
cpu25: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
cpu26: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
cpu27: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
cpu28: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
cpu29: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
cpu30: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
cpu31: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
pcib0: <ACPI Host-PCI bridge> port 0xcf8-0xcff on acpi0
pci0: <ACPI PCI bus> on pcib0
pcib1: <ACPI PCI-PCI bridge> irq 52 at device 4.0 on pci0
pci7: <ACPI PCI bus> on pcib1
igb0: <Intel(R) PRO/1000 Network Connection version - 2.2.5> port
0xe400-0xe41f mem
0xfeb60000-0xfeb7ffff,0xfeb40000-0xfeb5ffff,0xfeb1c000-0xfeb1ffff irq 44
at device 0.0 on pci7
igb0: Using MSIX interrupts with 9 vectors
igb0: Ethernet address: 00:e0:81:c8:ee:8a
igb1: <Intel(R) PRO/1000 Network Connection version - 2.2.5> port
0xe800-0xe81f mem
0xfebe0000-0xfebfffff,0xfebc0000-0xfebdffff,0xfeb9c000-0xfeb9ffff irq 45
at device 0.1 on pci7
igb1: Using MSIX interrupts with 9 vectors
igb1: Ethernet address: 00:e0:81:c8:ee:8b
pcib2: <ACPI PCI-PCI bridge> irq 53 at device 9.0 on pci0
pci6: <ACPI PCI bus> on pcib2
em0: <Intel(R) PRO/1000 Network Connection 7.2.3> port 0xd800-0xd81f mem
0xfeae0000-0xfeafffff,0xfeadc000-0xfeadffff irq 48 at device 0.0 on pci6
em0: Using MSIX interrupts with 3 vectors
em0: Ethernet address: 00:e0:81:c8:ee:ff
pcib3: <ACPI PCI-PCI bridge> irq 54 at device 11.0 on pci0
pci5: <ACPI PCI bus> on pcib3
mps0: <LSI SAS2008> port 0xc000-0xc0ff mem
0xfe93c000-0xfe93ffff,0xfe940000-0xfe97ffff irq 32 at device 0.0 on pci5
mps0: Firmware: 10.00.02.00, Driver: 11.255.03.00-fbsd
mps0: IOCCapabilities:
1285c<ScsiTaskFull,DiagTrace,SnapBuf,EEDP,TransRetry,EventReplay,HostDisc>
pcib4: <ACPI PCI-PCI bridge> irq 54 at device 12.0 on pci0
pci3: <ACPI PCI bus> on pcib4
pcib5: <PCI-PCI bridge> irq 36 at device 0.0 on pci3
pci4: <PCI bus> on pcib5
siis0: <SiI3124 SATA controller> port 0xb800-0xb80f mem
0xfe877c00-0xfe877c7f,0xfe878000-0xfe87ffff irq 36 at device 0.0 on pci4
siisch0: <SIIS channel> at channel 0 on siis0
siisch1: <SIIS channel> at channel 1 on siis0
siisch2: <SIIS channel> at channel 2 on siis0
siisch3: <SIIS channel> at channel 3 on siis0
pcib6: <ACPI PCI-PCI bridge> irq 54 at device 13.0 on pci0
pci2: <ACPI PCI bus> on pcib6
mps1: <LSI SAS2008> port 0xa000-0xa0ff mem
0xfe73c000-0xfe73ffff,0xfe740000-0xfe77ffff irq 40 at device 0.0 on pci2
mps1: Firmware: 10.00.00.00, Driver: 11.255.03.00-fbsd
mps1: IOCCapabilities:
185c<ScsiTaskFull,DiagTrace,SnapBuf,EEDP,TransRetry,IR>
ahci0: <ATI IXP700 AHCI SATA controller> port
0x8000-0x8007,0x7000-0x7003,0x6000-0x6007,0x5000-0x5003,0x4000-0x400f
mem 0xfe6fa400-0xfe6fa7ff irq 22 at device 17.0 on pci0
ahci0: AHCI v1.10 with 4 3Gbps ports, Port Multiplier supported
ahcich0: <AHCI channel> at channel 0 on ahci0
ahcich1: <AHCI channel> at channel 1 on ahci0
ahcich2: <AHCI channel> at channel 2 on ahci0
ahcich3: <AHCI channel> at channel 3 on ahci0
ohci0: <OHCI (generic) USB controller> mem 0xfe6f6000-0xfe6f6fff irq 16
at device 18.0 on pci0
usbus0: <OHCI (generic) USB controller> on ohci0
ohci1: <OHCI (generic) USB controller> mem 0xfe6f7000-0xfe6f7fff irq 16
at device 18.1 on pci0
usbus1: <OHCI (generic) USB controller> on ohci1
ehci0: <EHCI (generic) USB 2.0 controller> mem 0xfe6fa800-0xfe6fa8ff irq
17 at device 18.2 on pci0
usbus2: EHCI version 1.0
usbus2: <EHCI (generic) USB 2.0 controller> on ehci0
ohci2: <OHCI (generic) USB controller> mem 0xfe6f8000-0xfe6f8fff irq 18
at device 19.0 on pci0
usbus3: <OHCI (generic) USB controller> on ohci2
ohci3: <OHCI (generic) USB controller> mem 0xfe6f9000-0xfe6f9fff irq 18
at device 19.1 on pci0
usbus4: <OHCI (generic) USB controller> on ohci3
ehci1: <EHCI (generic) USB 2.0 controller> mem 0xfe6fac00-0xfe6facff irq
19 at device 19.2 on pci0
usbus5: EHCI version 1.0
usbus5: <EHCI (generic) USB 2.0 controller> on ehci1
pci0: <serial bus, SMBus> at device 20.0 (no driver attached)
atapci0: <ATI IXP700/800 UDMA133 controller> port
0x1f0-0x1f7,0x3f6,0x170-0x177,0x376,0xff00-0xff0f at device 20.1 on pci0
ata0: <ATA channel> at channel 0 on atapci0
ata1: <ATA channel> at channel 1 on atapci0
isab0: <PCI-ISA bridge> at device 20.3 on pci0
isa0: <ISA bus> on isab0
pcib7: <ACPI PCI-PCI bridge> at device 20.4 on pci0
pci1: <ACPI PCI bus> on pcib7
vgapci0: <VGA-compatible display> port 0x9800-0x987f mem
0xfd800000-0xfdffffff,0xfd7e0000-0xfd7fffff irq 23 at device 9.0 on pci1
ohci4: <OHCI (generic) USB controller> mem 0xfe6fb000-0xfe6fbfff irq 18
at device 20.5 on pci0
usbus6: <OHCI (generic) USB controller> on ohci4
acpi_button0: <Power Button> on acpi0
ipmi0: <IPMI System Interface> port 0xca8,0xcac on acpi0
ipmi0: KCS mode found at io 0xca8 on acpi
attimer0: <AT timer> port 0x40-0x43 irq 0 on acpi0
Timecounter "i8254" frequency 1193182 Hz quality 0
Event timer "i8254" frequency 1193182 Hz quality 100
atrtc0: <AT realtime clock> port 0x70-0x71 irq 8 on acpi0
Event timer "RTC" frequency 32768 Hz quality 0
uart0: <16550 or compatible> port 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 flags 0x10 on acpi0
uart1: <Non-standard ns8250 class UART with FIFOs> port 0x2f8-0x2ff irq
3 on acpi0
ppc0: <Parallel port> port 0x378-0x37f irq 7 on acpi0
ppc0: Generic chipset (NIBBLE-only) in COMPATIBLE mode
ppbus0: <Parallel port bus> on ppc0
plip0: <PLIP network interface> on ppbus0
lpt0: <Printer> on ppbus0
lpt0: Interrupt-driven port
ppi0: <Parallel I/O> on ppbus0
hpet0: <High Precision Event Timer> iomem 0xfed00000-0xfed003ff on acpi0
Timecounter "HPET" frequency 14318180 Hz quality 950
ipmi1: <IPMI System Interface> on isa0
device_attach: ipmi1 attach returned 16
ipmi1: <IPMI System Interface> on isa0
device_attach: ipmi1 attach returned 16
orm0: <ISA Option ROMs> at iomem
0xc0000-0xc7fff,0xce000-0xcefff,0xcf000-0xcffff,0xd0000-0xd0fff on isa0
sc0: <System console> at flags 0x100 on isa0
sc0: CGA <16 virtual consoles, flags=0x300>
vga0: <Generic ISA VGA> at port 0x3d0-0x3db iomem 0xb8000-0xbffff on
isa0
atkbdc0: <Keyboard controller (i8042)> at port 0x60,0x64 on isa0
atkbd0: <AT Keyboard> irq 1 on atkbdc0
kbd0 at atkbd0
atkbd0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
AcpiOsExecute: failed to enqueue task, consider increasing the
debug.acpi.max_tasks tunable
acpi_throttle0: <ACPI CPU Throttling> on cpu0
hwpstate0: <Cool`n'Quiet 2.0> on cpu0
Timecounters tick every 1.000 msec
(noperiph:siisch0:0:-1:-1): rescan already queued
(noperiph:siisch1:0:-1:-1): rescan already queued
usbus0: 12Mbps Full Speed USB v1.0
usbus1: 12Mbps Full Speed USB v1.0
usbus2: 480Mbps High Speed USB v2.0
usbus3: 12Mbps Full Speed USB v1.0
usbus4: 12Mbps Full Speed USB v1.0
usbus5: 480Mbps High Speed USB v2.0
usbus6: 12Mbps Full Speed USB v1.0
ugen0.1: <ATI> at usbus0
uhub0: <ATI OHCI root HUB, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1> on usbus0
ugen1.1: <ATI> at usbus1
uhub1: <ATI OHCI root HUB, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1> on usbus1
ugen2.1: <ATI> at usbus2
uhub2: <ATI EHCI root HUB, class 9/0, rev 2.00/1.00, addr 1> on usbus2
ugen3.1: <ATI> at usbus3
uhub3: <ATI OHCI root HUB, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1> on usbus3
ugen4.1: <ATI> at usbus4
uhub4: <ATI OHCI root HUB, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1> on usbus4
ugen5.1: <ATI> at usbus5
uhub5: <ATI EHCI root HUB, class 9/0, rev 2.00/1.00, addr 1> on usbus5
ugen6.1: <ATI> at usbus6
uhub6: <ATI OHCI root HUB, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1> on usbus6
ugen5.2: <American Megatrends Inc.> at usbus5
uhub7: <Hub Interface> on usbus5
ipmi0: Timed out waiting for GET_DEVICE_ID
ugen0.2: <BTC> at usbus0
ukbd0: <BTC USB Multimedia Keyboard, class 0/0, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 2>
on usbus0
kbd2 at ukbd0
uhid0: <BTC USB Multimedia Keyboard, class 0/0, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 2>
on usbus0
ugen5.3: <American Megatrends Inc.> at usbus5
ukbd1: <Keyboard Interface> on usbus5
kbd3 at ukbd1
ums0: <Mouse Interface> on usbus5
ums0: 3 buttons and [Z] coordinates ID=0
ugen3.2: <CPS> at usbus3
(probe126:mps1:0:0:0): REPORT LUNS. CDB: a0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 10 0 0
(probe126:mps1:0:0:0): CAM status: SCSI Status Error
(probe126:mps1:0:0:0): SCSI status: Check Condition
(probe126:mps1:0:0:0): SCSI sense: ILLEGAL REQUEST asc:20,0 (Invalid
command operation code)
(probe126:mps1:0:0:0): Command Specific Info: 0x5303c0
(probe126:mps1:0:0:0): REPORT LUNS. CDB: a0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 10 0 0
(probe126:mps1:0:0:0): CAM status: SCSI Status Error
(probe126:mps1:0:0:0): SCSI status: Check Condition
(probe126:mps1:0:0:0): SCSI sense: ILLEGAL REQUEST asc:20,0 (Invalid
command operation code)
(probe126:mps1:0:0:0): Field Replaceable Unit: 56
(probe126:mps1:0:0:0): Command Specific Info: 0x33353839
da0 at mps1 bus 0 scbus5 target 0 lun 0
da0: <LSI Logical Volume 3000> Fixed Direct Access SCSI-6 device
da0: 150.000MB/s transfers
da0: Command Queueing enabled
da0: 68664MB (140623872 512 byte sectors: 255H 63S/T 8753C)
ada0 at siisch0 bus 0 scbus1 target 0 lun 0
ada0: <OCZ-REVODRIVE 1.20> ATA-8 SATA 2.x device
ada0: 300.000MB/s transfers (SATA 2.x, UDMA6, PIO 8192bytes)
ada0: Command Queueing enabled
ada0: 57241MB (117231408 512 byte sectors: 16H 63S/T 16383C)
ada0: Previously was known as ad4
ada1 at siisch1 bus 0 scbus2 target 0 lun 0
ada1: <OCZ-REVODRIVE 1.20> ATA-8 SATA 2.x device
ada1: 300.000MB/s transfers (SATA 2.x, UDMA6, PIO 8192bytes)
ada1: Command Queueing enabled
ada1: 57241MB (117231408 512 byte sectors: 16H 63S/T 16383C)
ada1: Previously was known as ad6
SMP: AP CPU #1 Launched!
cd0 at ahcich0 bus 0 scbus6 target 0 lun 0
cd0: <HL-DT-ST BD-RE  BH10LS30 1.00> Removable CD-ROM SCSI-0 device
cd0: 150.000MB/s transfers (SATA 1.x, UDMA6, ATAPI 12bytes, PIO
8192bytes)
cd0: Attempt to query device size failed: NOT READY, Medium not present
- tray closed
SMP: AP CPU #2 Launched!
SMP: AP CPU #12 Launched!
SMP: AP CPU #13 Launched!
SMP: AP CPU #4 Launched!
SMP: AP CPU #20 Launched!
SMP: AP CPU #21 Launched!
SMP: AP CPU #22 Launched!
SMP: AP CPU #23 Launched!
SMP: AP CPU #15 Launched!
SMP: AP CPU #14 Launched!
SMP: AP CPU #6 Launched!
SMP: AP CPU #11 Launched!
SMP: AP CPU #10 Launched!
SMP: AP CPU #9 Launched!
SMP: AP CPU #8 Launched!
SMP: AP CPU #16 Launched!
SMP: AP CPU #17 Launched!
SMP: AP CPU #19 Launched!
SMP: AP CPU #18 Launched!
SMP: AP CPU #31 Launched!
SMP: AP CPU #30 Launched!
SMP: AP CPU #24 Launched!
SMP: AP CPU #25 Launched!
SMP: AP CPU #27 Launched!
SMP: AP CPU #26 Launched!
SMP: AP CPU #29 Launched!
SMP: AP CPU #28 Launched!
SMP: AP CPU #5 Launched!
SMP: AP CPU #3 Launched!
SMP: AP CPU #7 Launched!
GEOM: ada0: the secondary GPT table is corrupt or invalid.
GEOM: ada0: using the primary only -- recovery suggested.
Trying to mount root from ufs:/dev/da0p2 [rw]...
ZFS filesystem version 5
ZFS storage pool version 28
dragon_saver: the console does not support M_VGA_CG320
module_register_init: MOD_LOAD (dragon_saver, 0xffffffff81768140, 0)
error 19

RE: LSI supported mps(4) driver available

kashyap

Re: LSI supported mps(4) driver available

Stas Orlov
Sorry for the swarm of screenshots :)

Spare drive should be a iDRAC Virtual usb.

On that particular machine, as I said, two RAID arrays (1 and 10)

http://oi39.tinypic.com/10hlfmg.jpg -- they initialized as they should.

http://oi43.tinypic.com/2db83g8.jpg -- loader recognizes 3 disks (3rd
one is the iDRAC usb as I suppose)

So, I flashed the FW and installed the latest one from Dell
(7.15.08.00 \ 7.03.05.00), and things have gone slightly better.

http://oi39.tinypic.com/69dtuq.jpg -- controller .

http://oi44.tinypic.com/10s6jxi.jpg -- still.

http://oi42.tinypic.com/ipmh37.jpg -- It boots in single user, in
multiuser it prints probe errors, skips them and hang on the daemon
startup.

http://oi43.tinypic.com/13yhz02.jpg -- in single user they
initialized\UFSed\mounted just fine.

To sum everything up, FW upgrade helped, still some device handle
errors and SCSI errors, hangs in multiuser-mode(may or may not be
related).

Tested with the same FreeBSD10-CURRENT r230857, I saw ken@'s commit to
-STABLE and will try it somewhere tomorrow.
Thanks for your time:)

> [...]

Is this all SATA drives part of your raid1 and raid10 ?

> http://oi39.tinypic.com/10hlfmg.jpg -- they initialized as they should.
>
> http://oi43.tinypic.com/2db83g8.jpg -- loader recognizes 3 disks (3rd
> one is the iDRAC usb as I suppose)
>
> So, I flashed the FW and installed the latest one from Dell
> (7.15.08.00 \ 7.03.05.00), and things have gone slightly better.
>
> http://oi39.tinypic.com/69dtuq.jpg -- controller .
>
> http://oi44.tinypic.com/10s6jxi.jpg -- still.

I am debugging this issue. ! I can understand the issue, but not sure how to progress.
Do you willing to make more test with my debug builds ?

Here In my setup I am not able to reproduce the issue.

~ Kashyap

> http://oi42.tinypic.com/ipmh37.jpg -- It boots in single user, in
> multiuser it prints probe errors, skips them and hang on the daemon
> startup.
>
> http://oi43.tinypic.com/13yhz02.jpg -- in single user they
> initialized\UFSed\mounted just fine.
>
> To sum everything up, FW upgrade helped, still some device handle
> errors and SCSI errors, hangs in multiuser-mode(may or may not be
> related).
>
> Tested with the same FreeBSD10-CURRENT r230857, I saw ken@'s commit to
> -STABLE and will try it somewhere tomorrow.
> Thanks for your time:)

> On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 12:10 PM, Desai, Kashyap <[hidden email]>

Can you to reproduce issue with below mentioned changes..

In mps.c

mps_get_tunables(struct mps_softc *sc)
{
    char tmpstr[80];

    /* XXX default to some debugging for now */
    sc->mps_debug = MPS_FAULT;

Instead of above line make
    sc->mps_debug = 0xd;

This will dump debug prints on screen at the time of boot itself.

~ Kashyap

12