Linux JDK 11

Greg Lewis-2
Hi all,

I've created a port of the Linux JDK 11 based on the release available at
https://jdk.java.net/11/ but haven't committed it since the binaries don't
work, at least for me.  I wanted to get a sense of other's experiences if
they have any.  When I try to run java -version I get:

#
#
#  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0xffffffffff600800, pid=550, tid=100508
#
# JRE version:  (11.0.1+13) (build )
# Java VM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (11.0.1+13, mixed mode, aot, sharing, tiered, compressed oops, g1 gc, linux-amd64)
# Problematic frame:
# C  0xffffffffff600800
#
# Core dump will be written. Default location: core.550 (may not exist)
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# /usr/ports/java/linux-openjdk-jdk11/hs_err_pid550.log
#
#   http://bugreport.java.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
#

This is on FreeBSD 11.2/amd64.  I'm interested to know if other see the
same and how it behaves on FreeBSD 12 as well.

The Linux JDK 10 works without a hitch, as does 9 and 8.  So my first guess
is that this is something in the Linux emulation layer.

--
Greg Lewis                          Email   : [hidden email]
Eyes Beyond                         Web     : http://www.eyesbeyond.com

Re: Linux JDK 11

Michael Osipov
Am 2018-10-27 um 22:40 schrieb Greg Lewis:

> Hi all,
>
> I've created a port of the Linux JDK 11 based on the release available at
> https://jdk.java.net/11/ but haven't committed it since the binaries don't
> work, at least for me.  I wanted to get a sense of other's experiences if
> they have any.  When I try to run java -version I get:
>
> #
> # A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
> #
> #  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0xffffffffff600800, pid=550, tid=100508
> #
> # JRE version:  (11.0.1+13) (build )
> # Java VM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (11.0.1+13, mixed mode, aot, sharing, tiered, compressed oops, g1 gc, linux-amd64)
> # Problematic frame:
> # C  0xffffffffff600800
> #
> # Core dump will be written. Default location: core.550 (may not exist)
> #
> # An error report file with more information is saved as:
> # /usr/ports/java/linux-openjdk-jdk11/hs_err_pid550.log
> #
> # If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
> #   http://bugreport.java.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
> #
>
> This is on FreeBSD 11.2/amd64.  I'm interested to know if other see the
> same and how it behaves on FreeBSD 12 as well.

Pity, I run Tomcat 8.5 on 10.4-STABLE/i386 with Common Daemon. With the
native part the usage of the Linux JDK is hardly portable/possible.

What does "gdb where" say?

Michael

Re: Linux JDK 11

freebsd-java mailing list

Well, I've posted this :
https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/jdk11-jdk-11-java-openjdk-developers-please-help.69861/
is there anything new?

--
Sent from: http://freebsd.1045724.x6.nabble.com/freebsd-java-f4188125.html

Re: Linux JDK 11

Michael Osipov
Am 2019-03-02 um 20:30 schrieb klaus4 via freebsd-java:

> Well, I've posted this :
> https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/jdk11-jdk-11-java-openjdk-developers-please-help.69861/
> is there anything new?

I truly think that this must be handled by the Foundation hiring a dev
for this now. My C knowledge is way to low to make any subtantial
progress :-(

Michael

Re: Linux JDK 11

Greg Lewis-2
On Sat, Mar 02, 2019 at 12:30:28PM -0700, klaus4 via freebsd-java wrote:

> Well, I've posted this :
> https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/jdk11-jdk-11-java-openjdk-developers-please-help.69861/
> is there anything new?

FYI, I do know of someone who is working on a JDK 11 port for BSD.
I expect to see some results there within a week or two.

I'll also finally have more time I can spend on this myself in about a week.

-- Greg

Re: Linux JDK 11

freebsd-java mailing list
Thank you for the information and much success !

On 2019-03-03T08:37:18 -0800
Greg Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 02, 2019 at 12:30:28PM -0700, klaus4 via freebsd-java wrote:
> >
> > Well, I've posted this :
> > https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/jdk11-jdk-11-java-openjdk-developers-please-help.69861/
> > is there anything new?
>
> FYI, I do know of someone who is working on a JDK 11 port for BSD.
> I expect to see some results there within a week or two.
>
> I'll also finally have more time I can spend on this myself in about a week.
Great news, thanks! It'll be nice to be able to deploy something newer
than Java 8 bytecode on FreeBSD machines. :)

--
Mark Raynsford | http://www.io7m.com