Looking for a project to get started with kernel programming

Looking for a project to get started with kernel programming

Bhanu Chandra
Dear,

I went through http://people.freebsd.org/~phk/TODO/ and found some
inetersting projects. The one that i found the most captivating is the
"Kernel stack depth warning" project. I am a student and I am
interested in Operating Systems and intend to take up Research in the
same field. You can find my resume in vairous formats at
http://home.iitk.ac.in/~vbhanu .

I have been a consistent performer in academics and am very much
motivated to work on projects related to Operating Systems to get
hands on experience.

If for some reason you cannot give the above said project to me then
please suggest other projects that you can.

Anticipating a positive reply,

Thank you,

V Bhanu Chandra
Third Year Undergraduate (B. Tech.)
Dept of Computer Science and Engineering.
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur.
Kanpur.
India

Re: Looking for a project to get started with kernel programming

Julian Elischer
Bhanu Chandra wrote:

>Dear,
>
>I went through http://people.freebsd.org/~phk/TODO/ and found some
>inetersting projects. The one that i found the most captivating is the
>"Kernel stack depth warning" project. I am a student and I am
>interested in Operating Systems and intend to take up Research in the
>same field. You can find my resume in vairous formats at
>http://home.iitk.ac.in/~vbhanu .
>
>I have been a consistent performer in academics and am very much
>motivated to work on projects related to Operating Systems to get
>hands on experience.
>
>If for some reason you cannot give the above said project to me then
>please suggest other projects that you can.
>

>Anticipating a positive reply,

you don't need to ask for a project..
just start, and tell us that you are doing it.

>Thank you,
>
>V Bhanu Chandra
>Third Year Undergraduate (B. Tech.)
>Dept of Computer Science and Engineering.
>Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur.
>Kanpur.
>India

Re: Looking for a project to get started with kernel programming

Alexander Leidinger
Julian Elischer <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> I went through http://people.freebsd.org/~phk/TODO/ and found some
>> inetersting projects. The one that i found the most captivating is the
>> "Kernel stack depth warning" project.

> you don't need to ask for a project..
> just start, and tell us that you are doing it.

Additionally: if you wait a couple of days (maybe next week), you will be
able to choose from a much larger set of projects. We're about to commit a
list of projects for volunteers.

Bye,
Alexander.

--