David Wolfskill
The mailing list [hidden email] is being retired for
lack of activity.

If no valid reasons for retaining the list are expressed to
<[hidden email]> by 09 Nov 2010, the list is subject to
deactivation at any point on or after 10 Nov 2010.

Once that happens, new messages for the list will not be accepted.

Archives of the list will remain available, though folks may need
to be a bit creative in navigating some of the archives maintained
by the FreeBSD project to get to no-longer-current lists.  (The
easiest way is probably to access archives by date from
<http://docs.freebsd.org/mail/>.)

If you have any concerns about this, please express them as clearly
as possible to <[hidden email]> as soon as possible.  Please
note that Reply-To has been set on this message for your convenience.

Peace,
david   (current hat: [hidden email])
--
David H. Wolfskill [hidden email]
Depriving a girl or boy of an opportunity for education is evil.

See http://www.catwhisker.org/~david/publickey.gpg for my public key.

John Baldwin
On Monday, November 01, 2010 10:06:13 am David Wolfskill wrote:

> The mailing list [hidden email] is being retired for
> lack of activity.
>
> If no valid reasons for retaining the list are expressed to
> <[hidden email]> by 09 Nov 2010, the list is subject to
> deactivation at any point on or after 10 Nov 2010.
>
> Once that happens, new messages for the list will not be accepted.
>
> Archives of the list will remain available, though folks may need
> to be a bit creative in navigating some of the archives maintained
> by the FreeBSD project to get to no-longer-current lists.  (The
> easiest way is probably to access archives by date from
> <http://docs.freebsd.org/mail/>.)
>
> If you have any concerns about this, please express them as clearly
> as possible to <[hidden email]> as soon as possible.  Please
> note that Reply-To has been set on this message for your convenience.

All of the PRs assigned to freebsd-alpha@ have been closed or redirected,
so it should be safe to turn off the list w/o orphaning any PRs.

--
John Baldwin

Richard Loken
On Wed, 3 Nov 2010, John Baldwin wrote:

> All of the PRs assigned to freebsd-alpha@ have been closed or redirected,
> so it should be safe to turn off the list w/o orphaning any PRs.

I loaded VMS on my Alpha boxes when the FreeBSD community lost interest in
Alpha.  There is still some activity in the VMS Alpha community and the
OS works better.

--
   Richard Loken VE6BSV, Unix System Administrator : "Anybody can be a father
   Athabasca University                            :  but you have to earn

Thomas Laus
Date sent:       Wed, 03 Nov 2010 10:21:43 -0600 (MDT)
From:           Richard Loken <[hidden email]>
To:             John Baldwin <[hidden email]>

> On Wed, 3 Nov 2010, John Baldwin wrote:
>
> > All of the PRs assigned to freebsd-alpha@ have been closed or redirected, so
> > it should be safe to turn off the list w/o orphaning any PRs.
>
> I loaded VMS on my Alpha boxes when the FreeBSD community lost interest in
> Alpha.  There is still some activity in the VMS Alpha community and the OS
> works better.

The OpenBSD developers still generate an Alpha build with each release.
Their latest Release 4.8 builds on both my AlphaStation 255 and my DS10.  My
AlphaServer 2100 has hardware issues and won't boot, so can't test OpenBSD.

Tom
--
Public Keys:
PGP KeyID = 0x5F22FDC1