Missing links on 10.3 Installation Instructions page

Missing links on 10.3 Installation Instructions page

Nathan Bosley
Hello,

I had a glance at https://www.freebsd.org/releases/10.3R/installation.html.

I believe this line is missing a couple of links:
"The procedure for doing a source code based update is described in and ."

My guess is that that line should be:
"The procedure for doing a source code based update is described in
Synchronizing
Source
<https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/synching.html>
 and Rebuilding world
<https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/makeworld.html>
."

Thanks.

Re: Missing links on 10.3 Installation Instructions page

Benjamin Kaduk-4
Adding re, dropping -stable, since this is in the release documentation.

(There are <uri xlink> elements but no body of them to actually render.)

-Ben

On Fri, 15 Jul 2016, Nathan Bosley wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I had a glance at https://www.freebsd.org/releases/10.3R/installation.html.
>
> I believe this line is missing a couple of links:
> "The procedure for doing a source code based update is described in and ."
>
> My guess is that that line should be:
> "The procedure for doing a source code based update is described in
> Synchronizing
> Source
> <https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/synching.html>
>  and Rebuilding world
> <https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/makeworld.html>
> ."
>
> Thanks.

Re: Missing links on 10.3 Installation Instructions page

Glen Barber-6
Sorry, I missed this email.

Unfortunately, we cannot correct this, as these files are generated from
the releng/10.3 tree, which only receives updates for ENs and SAs, which
this kind of change would fall under neither category.

It's unfortunate, and something I've complained about quite a bit over
the past few years, because aesthetic errors like this persist even when
they are trivially fixable.

Glen