More CARP issues under 12

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

More CARP issues under 12

Pete French-3
so, having got a workaround for yesterdays problems, I now went to upgrade my
other pair of boxes using CARP. No 'pf' on these, just one shared address.
This is the setup I have tested in development and it works fine.

I install the new kenel and do the first reboot - and I get the panic
below. Maybe its not carp related, but seems suspicious as the last
thing it spits out is a carp message.

Note this is the first reboot - so 12.0 kernel with the 11 userland, in
perparation for the installworld step. Machine is booting from, ZFS and also
has a GELI partition contain some data which requires a manual password.



Setting hostuuid: 49434d53-0200-9031-2500-31902500d9bf.
Setting hostid: 0xf41a3f2e.
Starting file system checks:
Mounting local filesystems:.
ELF ldconfig path: /lib /usr/lib /usr/lib/compat /usr/local/lib
32-bit compatibility ldconfig path: /usr/lib32
Setting hostname: serpentine-passive.telehouse-internal.ingresso.co.uk.
Setting up harvesting: PURE_RDRAND,[UMA],[FS_ATIME],SWI,INTERRUPT,NET_NG,NET_ETHER,NET_TUN,MOUSE,KEYBOARD,ATTACH,CACHED
Feeding entropy: .
lo0: link state changed to UP
em0: promiscuous mode enabled
carp: demoted by 240 to 240 (interface down)


Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode
cpuid = 0; apic id = 00
fault virtual address   = 0x28
fault code              = supervisor read data, page not present
instruction pointer     = 0x20:0xffffffff80ca0de1
stack pointer           = 0x28:0xfffffe00004da740
frame pointer           = 0x28:0xfffffe00004da760
code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                        = DPL 0, pres 1, long 1, def32 0, gran 1
processor eflags        = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process         = 12 (swi4: clock (0))
trap number             = 12
panic: page fault
cpuid = 0
time = 1547727391
KDB: stack backtrace:
#0 0xffffffff80be8597 at kdb_backtrace+0x67
#1 0xffffffff80b9ccf3 at vpanic+0x1a3
#2 0xffffffff80b9cb43 at panic+0x43
#3 0xffffffff8107382f at trap_fatal+0x35f
#4 0xffffffff81073889 at trap_pfault+0x49
#5 0xffffffff81072eae at trap+0x29e
#6 0xffffffff8104e1a5 at calltrap+0x8
#7 0xffffffff80ca0ce6 at ether_output+0x6b6
#8 0xffffffff80d0bda4 at arprequest+0x4c4
#9 0xffffffff80d0d9fc at garp_rexmit+0xbc
#10 0xffffffff80bb6ba9 at softclock_call_cc+0x129
#11 0xffffffff80bb7089 at softclock+0x79
#12 0xffffffff80b60e79 at ithread_loop+0x169
#13 0xffffffff80b5e012 at fork_exit+0x82
#14 0xffffffff8104f18e at fork_trampoline+0xe
Uptime: 19s
_______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-stable
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[hidden email]"
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: More CARP issues under 12

Kevin Oberman-4
On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 4:21 AM Pete French <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> so, having got a workaround for yesterdays problems, I now went to upgrade
> my
> other pair of boxes using CARP. No 'pf' on these, just one shared address.
> This is the setup I have tested in development and it works fine.
>
> I install the new kenel and do the first reboot - and I get the panic
> below. Maybe its not carp related, but seems suspicious as the last
> thing it spits out is a carp message.
>
> Note this is the first reboot - so 12.0 kernel with the 11 userland, in
> perparation for the installworld step. Machine is booting from, ZFS and
> also
> has a GELI partition contain some data which requires a manual password.
>

To point  out the obvious, booting a 12.0 kernel with 11  userland to
multiuser mode is seriously unsupported. You really need to boot to single
user and install 12.0 userland to really expect things to work. OTOH, while
I would expect that MANY things might not work, panics should not come from
problems in userland. Still, I would not be at all shocked if it turns out
to be coincidental to CARP. I would also not be shocked if this makes no
difference, but even between minor version updates, there can be issues
when the kernel and userland are different versions.

Is there a reason that a standalone boot is not possible? Both installworld
and mergemaster should be run before moving to multiuser mode and reboot is
preferred to exit. In some cases even delete-old can be required before
safely going to multimode.
--
Kevin Oberman, Part time kid herder and retired Network Engineer
E-mail: [hidden email]
PGP Fingerprint: D03FB98AFA78E3B78C1694B318AB39EF1B055683
_______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-stable
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[hidden email]"
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: More CARP issues under 12 (maybe not CARP after all)

Pete French-3
> To point  out the obvious, booting a 12.0 kernel with 11  userland to
> multiuser mode is seriously unsupported. You really need to boot to
> single user and install 12.0 userland to really expect things to work.

Yes, good point. This has worked on every other machine I have upgraded
from 11 to 12, which is why I didnt think of that, but then all the
motherboards are slightly different.

> Is there a reason that a standalone boot is not possible?

Sort of - I am on a serial console to do this, which works in the BIOS,
and works after the kernel has started booting, but does not work in the
loader for some reason, so I can't select single user. So I go to single
user by booting multi user and the shutting down. Of course I could use
nextboot, so its just lazyness on my part actually.

Thanks for pointing this out, I immediately jumped to the CARP
conclusion due to last weeks experiences on the other machine,
but actually this is far more likely to be the issue.

-pete.

PS: apparently I have been playing fast and loose with this - and
bothering the mailing list about it - since 2005... :-)

http://freebsd.1045724.x6.nabble.com/upgrading-5-4-gt-6-0-without-reinstalling-safe-td3932902.html

Time to change my ways I think!
_______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-stable
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[hidden email]"
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: More CARP issues under 12 (maybe not CARP after all)

Pete French-3
> > To point out the obvious, booting a 12.0 kernel with 11.0 userland to
> > multiuser mode is seriously unsupported. You really need to boot to
> > single user and install 12.0 userland to really expect things to work.
>
> Yes, good point. This has worked on every other machine I have upgraded
> from 11 to 12, which is why I didnt think of that, but then all the
> motherboards are slightly different.

So, I went back to this, and di it properly. Booted single user mode,
which worked, then installed world, mergemaster, and rebooted single
user mode.

...and I get a kernel panic as I did before. So it wasn't the 11 world with
the 12 kernel after all. Panic is reproduced below. I am somewhat stuck
now though - where do I go from here ?

Feeding entropy
lo0: link state changed to UP
carp: demoted by 240 to 240 (interface down)


Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode
cpuid = 0; apic id = 00
fault virtual address = 0x28
fault code = supervisor read data, page not present
instruction pointer = 0x20:0xffffffff80ca1621
stack pointer        = 0x28:0xfffffe00004da740
frame pointer        = 0x28:0xfffffe00004da760
code segment = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                        = DPL 0, pres 1, long 1, def32 0, gran 1
processor eflags = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process = 12 (swi4: clock (0))
trap number = 12
panic: page fault
cpuid = 0
time = 1549292394
KDB: stack backtrace:
#0 0xffffffff80be8d57 at kdb_backtrace+0x67
#1 0xffffffff80b9d293 at vpanic+0x1a3
#2 0xffffffff80b9d0e3 at panic+0x43
#3 0xffffffff8107384f at trap_fatal+0x35f
#4 0xffffffff810738a9 at trap_pfault+0x49
#5 0xffffffff81072ece at trap+0x29e
#6 0xffffffff8104ee55 at calltrap+0x8
#7 0xffffffff80ca1526 at ether_output+0x6b6
#8 0xffffffff80d0c824 at arprequest+0x4c4
#9 0xffffffff80d0e47c at garp_rexmit+0xbc
#10 0xffffffff80bb7169 at softclock_call_cc+0x129
#11 0xffffffff80bb7649 at softclock+0x79
#12 0xffffffff80b613a4 at ithread_loop+0x1d4
#13 0xffffffff80b5e2d2 at fork_exit+0x82
#14 0xffffffff8104fe3e at fork_trampoline+0xe
Uptime: 11s


_______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-stable
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[hidden email]"
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Kernel panic going multiuser under 12 ( was Re: More CARP issues under 12 (maybe not CARP after all))

Pete French-3


Just to get the subject correct, as I tested this disabling CARP and I
still see the panic when going multi-user. It netwprking related as the
panic is in the ARP code, and seems to happen when the network
interfaces are configured. The machine was using a mix of em and igb
interfaces, but is now igb only.

-pete.
_______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-stable
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[hidden email]"
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: More CARP issues under 12

Andrey V. Elsukov
In reply to this post by Pete French-3
On 17.01.2019 15:19, Pete French wrote:

> so, having got a workaround for yesterdays problems, I now went to upgrade my
> other pair of boxes using CARP. No 'pf' on these, just one shared address.
> This is the setup I have tested in development and it works fine.
>
> I install the new kenel and do the first reboot - and I get the panic
> below. Maybe its not carp related, but seems suspicious as the last
> thing it spits out is a carp message.
>
> Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode
> cpuid = 0; apic id = 00
> fault virtual address   = 0x28
> fault code              = supervisor read data, page not present
> instruction pointer     = 0x20:0xffffffff80ca0de1
> stack pointer           = 0x28:0xfffffe00004da740
> frame pointer           = 0x28:0xfffffe00004da760
> code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
>                         = DPL 0, pres 1, long 1, def32 0, gran 1
> processor eflags        = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
> current process         = 12 (swi4: clock (0))
> trap number             = 12
> panic: page fault
> cpuid = 0
> time = 1547727391
> KDB: stack backtrace:
> #0 0xffffffff80be8597 at kdb_backtrace+0x67
> #1 0xffffffff80b9ccf3 at vpanic+0x1a3
> #2 0xffffffff80b9cb43 at panic+0x43
> #3 0xffffffff8107382f at trap_fatal+0x35f
> #4 0xffffffff81073889 at trap_pfault+0x49
> #5 0xffffffff81072eae at trap+0x29e
> #6 0xffffffff8104e1a5 at calltrap+0x8
> #7 0xffffffff80ca0ce6 at ether_output+0x6b6
> #8 0xffffffff80d0bda4 at arprequest+0x4c4
> #9 0xffffffff80d0d9fc at garp_rexmit+0xbc
> #10 0xffffffff80bb6ba9 at softclock_call_cc+0x129
> #11 0xffffffff80bb7089 at softclock+0x79
> #12 0xffffffff80b60e79 at ithread_loop+0x169
> #13 0xffffffff80b5e012 at fork_exit+0x82
> #14 0xffffffff8104f18e at fork_trampoline+0xe
> Uptime: 19s
Hi,

What branch and revision do you use? Can you install gdb and then obtain
this information:

# kgdb

(kgdb) list *ether_output+0x6b6

--
WBR, Andrey V. Elsukov


signature.asc (566 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: More CARP issues under 12

Pete French-3
> Hi,
>
> What branch and revision do you use? Can you install gdb and then obtain
> this information:

The branch and revision is 12.0-STABLE r343538 GENERIC

> # kgdb
>
> (kgdb) list *ether_output+0x6b6

trying to do this on the actual box is hard, as it panics, but on another
machine running the same build I get this, which should suffice if you
are just interested in seeing the line in the source code ?

(kgdb)  list *ether_output+0x6b6
0xffffffff80ca1526 is in ether_output (/usr/src/sys/net/if_ethersubr.c:435).
430                     if (m == NULL)
431                             return (0);
432             }
433
434             /* Continue with link-layer output */
435             return ether_output_frame(ifp, m);
436     }
437
438     static bool
439     ether_set_pcp(struct mbuf **mp, struct ifnet *ifp, uint8_t pcp)


_______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-stable
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[hidden email]"
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: More CARP issues under 12

Andrey V. Elsukov
On 05.02.2019 18:06, Pete French wrote:

> The branch and revision is 12.0-STABLE r343538 GENERIC
>
>> # kgdb
>>
>> (kgdb) list *ether_output+0x6b6
>
> trying to do this on the actual box is hard, as it panics, but on another
> machine running the same build I get this, which should suffice if you
> are just interested in seeing the line in the source code ?
>
> (kgdb)  list *ether_output+0x6b6
> 0xffffffff80ca1526 is in ether_output (/usr/src/sys/net/if_ethersubr.c:435).
> 430                     if (m == NULL)
> 431                             return (0);
> 432             }
> 433
> 434             /* Continue with link-layer output */
> 435             return ether_output_frame(ifp, m);
> 436     }
> 437
> 438     static bool
> 439     ether_set_pcp(struct mbuf **mp, struct ifnet *ifp, uint8_t pcp)
Hi,

this doesn't look very useful.
Do you have some specificity with this host except carp? Some
modifications to kernel config, lagg, jails, etc.

--
WBR, Andrey V. Elsukov


signature.asc (566 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: More CARP issues under 12

Pete French-3


On 06/02/2019 12:16, Andrey V. Elsukov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this doesn't look very useful.
> Do you have some specificity with this host except carp? Some
> modifications to kernel config, lagg, jails, etc.

No, none of those. Its a supermicro motherboard, runs FreeBSD
GENERIC and mysql+redis on top, thats it. The only oddity is
carp (used to fail over the redis). but the panic happens when
I disable carp and have removed all the ports too. My only customisation
to the build is to disable sendmail and lpr.

We do use geli for the dirves, and load aesni as a module as well to
speed that up.

loader.conf below:

        kern.geom.label.disk_ident.enable=0
        kern.geom.label.gptid.enable=0

        ahci_load="YES"
        console="comconsole"

        aesni_load="YES"
        cryptodev_load="YES"
        geom_eli_load="YES"
        carp_load="YES"

        zfs_load="YES"
        vfs.zfs.arc_max="1G"
        vfs.zfs.prefetch_disable="1"
        vfs.zfs.txg.timeout="5"
        vfs.zfs.vdev.cache.size="10M"
        vfs.zfs.vdev.cache.max="10M"

rc.conf below

        geli_enable="YES"
        geli_autodetach="NO"
        geli_devices="ada0p4 ada1p4"
       
        hostname="serpentine-passive.telehouse-internal.ingresso.co.uk"
       
        ifconfig_igb0="inet 10.32.10.4/16"
        ifconfig_igb0_ipv6="inet6 2a02:1658:1:2:e550::4/64"
        ifconfig_igb0_alias0="inet 10.32.10.8/16 vhid 80 advskew 160 pass redacted"
       
        defaultrouter="10.32.10.6"
        ipv6_defaultrouter="2a02:1658:1:2:e550::6"
       
        ifconfig_igb1="down"
       
        pf_enable="NO"
        pf_rules="/usr/local/etc/pf.conf"
       
        redis_enable="YES"
        stunnel_enable="YES"
       
        mysql_enable="YES"
        mysql_dbdir="/usr/home/mysql/data"
       
        tsw_redis_capture_enable="YES"
        tsw_redis_capture_if="igb0"
       
        datadog_enable="YES"
        datadog_user="root"
        datadog_chdir="/usr/local/datadog"
       
        sshd_enable="YES"
        named_enable="YES"
        zfs_enable="YES"
        ntpd_enable="YES"
       
        syslogd_enable="NO"
        syslog_ng_enable="YES"
       
        exim_enable="YES"
        sendmail_enable="NO"
        sendmail_submit_enable="NO"
        sendmail_outbound_enable="NO"
        sendmail_msp_queue_enable="NO"
       
        nfs_server_enable="NO"
        nfs_client_enable="YES"
        nfsv4_server_enable="NO"
        nfsuserd_enable="YES"
        rpcbind_enable="YES"
        rpc_lockd_enable="YES"
        rpc_lockd_flags="-p 819"
        rpc_statd_enable="YES"
        rpc_statd_flags="-p 823"
        mountd_enable="NO"
       
        fluentd_enable="YES"

The tsw_redis_capture script just set the carp to MASTER if redis is
enabled - means if the machine boots without redis running then carp
wont grap the address anyway.

_______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-stable
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[hidden email]"
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: More CARP issues under 12

Pete French-3
In reply to this post by Andrey V. Elsukov
So, another datapoint on this - I just PXE booted the 12.0-RELEASE image
downloaded from https://mfsbsd.vx.sk/ and that works fine. Which means
that it siether something which has crept in since 12.0-RELEASE or its
something to do with my config on that machine.

I did try and buld an mfsroot image of the kernel I am trying to
deploy,. but that failed, which is a bit of a shame, as thats easier to
try than the full upgrade (because rolling that back after a crash
is tricky!). The laternative is to bild 12.0-RELEASE and see if that boots
up. Not sure when I will get around to trying either of those though.

-pete.

_______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-stable
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[hidden email]"
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Networking panic on 12 - found the cause

Pete French-3
In reply to this post by Andrey V. Elsukov
I found my panic. If I take everything out of rc.conf and loader.conf
and sysctl.conf and boot the system it works fine when I add an IP
address. If I add this one line to sysctl.conf

        net.link.ether.inet.garp_rexmit_count=2

Then I get a panic when I configure the interface:

root@serpentine-passive:~ #  ifconfig igb0 inet 10.32.10.4/16 up


Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode
cpuid = 0; apic id = 00
fault virtual address   = 0x28
fault code              = supervisor read data, page not present
instruction pointer     = 0x20:0xffffffff80c987f1
stack pointer           = 0x28:0xfffffe00004d5730
frame pointer           = 0x28:0xfffffe00004d5750
code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                         = DPL 0, pres 1, long 1, def32 0, gran 1
processor eflags        = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process         = 12 (swi4: clock (0))
trap number             = 12
panic: page fault
cpuid = 0
time = 1549981620
KDB: stack backtrace:
#0 0xffffffff80bdfdc7 at kdb_backtrace+0x67
#1 0xffffffff80b93fa3 at vpanic+0x1a3
#2 0xffffffff80b93df3 at panic+0x43
#3 0xffffffff8106a7bf at trap_fatal+0x35f
#4 0xffffffff8106a819 at trap_pfault+0x49
#5 0xffffffff81069e3e at trap+0x29e
#6 0xffffffff810450c5 at calltrap+0x8
#7 0xffffffff80c986f6 at ether_output+0x6b6
#8 0xffffffff80d03354 at arprequest+0x4c4
#9 0xffffffff80d0515c at garp_rexmit+0xbc
#10 0xffffffff80bade19 at softclock_call_cc+0x129
#11 0xffffffff80bae2f9 at softclock+0x79
#12 0xffffffff80b57c57 at ithread_loop+0x1a7
#13 0xffffffff80b54da2 at fork_exit+0x82
#14 0xffffffff810460be at fork_trampoline+0xe
Uptime: 2m6s
_______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-stable
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[hidden email]"
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Networking panic on 12 - found the cause

Eric van Gyzen-2
On 2/12/19 8:53 AM, Pete French wrote:

> I found my panic. If I take everything out of rc.conf and loader.conf
> and sysctl.conf and boot the system it works fine when I add an IP
> address. If I add this one line to sysctl.conf
>
>     net.link.ether.inet.garp_rexmit_count=2
>
> Then I get a panic when I configure the interface:
>
> root@serpentine-passive:~ #  ifconfig igb0 inet 10.32.10.4/16 up
>
>
> Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode
> cpuid = 0; apic id = 00
> fault virtual address   = 0x28
> fault code              = supervisor read data, page not present
> instruction pointer     = 0x20:0xffffffff80c987f1
> stack pointer           = 0x28:0xfffffe00004d5730
> frame pointer           = 0x28:0xfffffe00004d5750
> code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
>                         = DPL 0, pres 1, long 1, def32 0, gran 1
> processor eflags        = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
> current process         = 12 (swi4: clock (0))
> trap number             = 12
> panic: page fault
> cpuid = 0
> time = 1549981620
> KDB: stack backtrace:
> #0 0xffffffff80bdfdc7 at kdb_backtrace+0x67
> #1 0xffffffff80b93fa3 at vpanic+0x1a3
> #2 0xffffffff80b93df3 at panic+0x43
> #3 0xffffffff8106a7bf at trap_fatal+0x35f
> #4 0xffffffff8106a819 at trap_pfault+0x49
> #5 0xffffffff81069e3e at trap+0x29e
> #6 0xffffffff810450c5 at calltrap+0x8
> #7 0xffffffff80c986f6 at ether_output+0x6b6
> #8 0xffffffff80d03354 at arprequest+0x4c4
> #9 0xffffffff80d0515c at garp_rexmit+0xbc
> #10 0xffffffff80bade19 at softclock_call_cc+0x129
> #11 0xffffffff80bae2f9 at softclock+0x79
> #12 0xffffffff80b57c57 at ithread_loop+0x1a7
> #13 0xffffffff80b54da2 at fork_exit+0x82
> #14 0xffffffff810460be at fork_trampoline+0xe

I see the same behavior on head (and stable/12).

(kgdb) f
#16 0xffffffff80ce5331 in ether_output_frame (ifp=0xfffff80003672800,
    m=0xfffff8000c88b100) at /usr/src/sys/net/if_ethersubr.c:468
468 switch (pfil_run_hooks(V_link_pfil_head, &m, ifp, PFIL_OUT,

   0xffffffff80ce5321 <+81>: mov    %gs:0x0,%rax
   0xffffffff80ce532a <+90>: mov    0x500(%rax),%rax
=> 0xffffffff80ce5331 <+97>: mov    0x28(%rax),%rax

I think this is part of the V_link_pfil_head.  I'm not very familiar
with vnet.  Does this need a CURVNET_SET(), maybe in garp_rexmit()?

Eric
_______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-stable
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[hidden email]"
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Networking panic on 12 - found the cause

Pete French-3
Thanks guys! That was fast....

On 12/02/2019 20:13, Kristof Provost wrote:

> On 2019-02-12 13:54:21 (-0600), Eric van Gyzen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  > I see the same behavior on head (and stable/12).
>  >
>  > (kgdb) f
>  > #16 0xffffffff80ce5331 in ether_output_frame (ifp=0xfffff80003672800,
>  > m=0xfffff8000c88b100) at /usr/src/sys/net/if_ethersubr.c:468
>  > 468 switch (pfil_run_hooks(V_link_pfil_head, &m, ifp, PFIL_OUT,
>  >
>  > 0xffffffff80ce5321 <+81>: mov %gs:0x0,%rax
>  > 0xffffffff80ce532a <+90>: mov 0x500(%rax),%rax
>  > => 0xffffffff80ce5331 <+97>: mov 0x28(%rax),%rax
>  >
>  > I think this is part of the V_link_pfil_head. I'm not very familiar
>  > with vnet. Does this need a CURVNET_SET(), maybe in garp_rexmit()?
>  >
> Yes. I posted a proposed patch in
> https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=235699 
>
> Basically we get called through a timer, so there's no vnet context. It
> needs to be set, and then we can safely use any V_ variables.
>
> Regards,
> Kristof
_______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-stable
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[hidden email]"