Mysql Swap

Cristian Cardoso
Hi
I would like to know if anyone happens to have problems with swap
consumption with Mysql.
Here I run Mysql 5.7.30 on a FreeBSD 12.1 and over time, even with
memory left, Mysql consumes all the swap, this consumption is
normalized after the service restart.
I already ran the mysql-tuner to see if it solved, but without
success, even analyzing queries, the service with 8G of ram left over,
over time ends the swap.

Re: Mysql Swap

Jack L.-3
That shouldn't happen if mysql is tuned properly. Each connection uses
RAM configured in your buffer settings so if you have a lot of
connections with high buffer configs, it can use too much RAM.

On Wed, Sep 30, 2020 at 11:19 AM Cristian Cardoso
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
> I would like to know if anyone happens to have problems with swap
> consumption with Mysql.
> Here I run Mysql 5.7.30 on a FreeBSD 12.1 and over time, even with
> memory left, Mysql consumes all the swap, this consumption is
> normalized after the service restart.
> I already ran the mysql-tuner to see if it solved, but without
> success, even analyzing queries, the service with 8G of ram left over,
> over time ends the swap.

Re: Mysql Swap

freebsd-database mailing list
Banned User
One way of ascertaining current connection settings and getting a
summary of memory settings is by using port/pkg mysqltuner .

Regards,

Ruben