Need for XenServer tools for XENHVM Freebsd9

Need for XenServer tools for XENHVM Freebsd9

bv_arvind
Hi,

Do we have install XenServer tools to Freebsd XENHVM kernel. What advantage
does it offer. Even without the tools the xn interfaces come up.
Thanks
Arvind

Re: Need for XenServer tools for XENHVM Freebsd9

Mark Felder-4
On Thu, 23 Aug 2012 16:34:58 -0500, arvind viswanathan
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Do we have install XenServer tools to Freebsd XENHVM kernel. What
> advantage
> does it offer. Even without the tools the xn interfaces come up.

The XenServer tools and additional scripts are needed if you are using
XenServer or XCP as your hypervisor and wish to be able to use certain
features such as memory ballooning, live migration, etc.