Need help for Freebsd drivers

Shah, Nehal-bakulchandra
Hi

I am Nehal Shah from AMD. I am just newbie to Free BSD. Currently I have requirement to have GPIO,I2c and UART driver for AMD Platform. AMD UART and I2C drivers are based on Designware.
I can see the support of I2C driver of designware , hence I can add support for AMD Platform with ACPI IDs.

1. Is there any Designware ACPI based UART Driver available ?
2. Is there ACPI  GPIO based implementation available?

Kindly guide me to right direction. That will be indeed great help.

Thanks and Regards
Nehal Shah

Re: Need help for Freebsd drivers

Ondra Knezour
Hi,

Dne 31.01.2018 v 19:16 Shah, Nehal-bakulchandra napsal(a):
> I am Nehal Shah from AMD. I am just newbie to Free BSD. Currently I have requirement to have GPIO,I2c and UART driver for AMD Platform. AMD UART and I2C drivers are based on Designware.
> I can see the support of I2C driver of designware , hence I can add support for AMD Platform with ACPI IDs.
>
> 1. Is there any Designware ACPI based UART Driver available ?
> 2. Is there ACPI  GPIO based implementation available?

I hope someone more informed eventually steps in, but until then, you
may find following useful

https://reviews.freebsd.org/rS297496
https://wiki.freebsd.org/FreeBSD/GPIO
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/arch-handbook/devicedrivers.html
https://nostarch.com/bsddrivers.htm

Also there is some support for older AMD Geode CPU which you may find
useful. Unknown to me how close is your current target platform.
--
Best Regards

Ondra

smime.p7s (6K) Download Attachment